Am4 spacers removal

iNSUFFZ
Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
54 minutes ago, iNSUFFZ said:

It's doesn't exactly come off when I try using my fingers, I can't grab it with a pair of ticks either, at least not without taking the mobo out 

Well, has it been unscrewed from the backplate yet ?
Or you were saying that you tried to unscrew it using your finger and it didn't budge.
If it's the latter, depending on how much you tightened it when installing, it can be hard yeah, especially when using finger.

If you still have the stuffs that came with the cooler, should use the opener.

Spacer1.png

Spacer2.png

If you lost it, .... well try loosening it while putting something between the spacer & your finger that can increase friction.
If that doesn't work too....either use plier, spanner, or socket wrench I guess.
Careful with the plier / spanner though, don't slip and hit the mobo.

Also.. take off the RAM sticks & GPU so you can have more room.
Maximize workspace.

I decided to upgrade my cpu cooler but I seem to have an issue undoing the spacers from my old cm ma410m

Any suggestions are much appreciated. 

IMG_20220121_211156.jpg

19 minutes ago, iNSUFFZ said:

I decided to upgrade my cpu cooler but I seem to have an issue undoing the spacers from my old cm ma410m

Any suggestions are much appreciated. 

IMG_20220121_211156.jpg

What's with it? hard to unscrew ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

It's doesn't exactly come off when I try using my fingers, I can't grab it with a pair of ticks either, at least not without taking the mobo out 

54 minutes ago, iNSUFFZ said:

Well, has it been unscrewed from the backplate yet ?
Or you were saying that you tried to unscrew it using your finger and it didn't budge.
If it's the latter, depending on how much you tightened it when installing, it can be hard yeah, especially when using finger.

If you still have the stuffs that came with the cooler, should use the opener.

Spacer1.png

Spacer2.png

If you lost it, .... well try loosening it while putting something between the spacer & your finger that can increase friction.
If that doesn't work too....either use plier, spanner, or socket wrench I guess.
Careful with the plier / spanner though, don't slip and hit the mobo.

Also.. take off the RAM sticks & GPU so you can have more room.
Maximize workspace.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

I'll try and look for the box tomorrow, I know for a fact I have a case full of mobo mounting hardware that I highly doubt will fit any of these spacers but I can try with a similar cooler from the series , if it does have the same mounting mechanism 

23 hours ago, iNSUFFZ said:

I'll try and look for the box tomorrow, I know for a fact I have a case full of mobo mounting hardware that I highly doubt will fit any of these spacers but I can try with a similar cooler from the series , if it does have the same mounting mechanism 

Pretty sure the spacer is the same as the one used for my Hyper 212 Led Turbo.
So yeah, i don't know for sure but most likely most if not all cooler master's air cooler using the same.

Refresh before you reply