Added 6 fans to my case and closed it = Pc shutting down when I game

Go to solution Solved by tkitch,
19 minutes ago, Noob-pc-builder said:

CPU: i74770 3.4 base 3.9 boost

CPU fan: ARCTIC Alpine 11GT

Paste: GD900 is this bad?

Right here, this is the problem.

And no, not the thermal paste.  Thermal paste is mostly thermal paste.

Your Cooler is rated for 60W of TDP.

Your CPU is rated for 84W TDP.

84 is quite a bit bigger than 60.

You need a MUCH BETTER cooler.  If it'll fit in your care:  The Vetroo V5 or the 224-XT Coolers are fairly cheap (30 bucks or so) and much much much more capable coolers.  

Short term, if it wasn't crashing with the side panels off, take it off again.  Causing your PC to crash due to terrible thermals is going to fuck it up if you keep doing it. 

AT the beginning Pc case wis running without the glass panel and with no fans everything was fine

RAM:8GB Kingston 8gb Samsung

MoBo: Asrock VG4 H81M v2.02

PSU: Corsair CV650 Literally no better alternative in my country under 180 Dollars which is outside my budged

CHASSIS FANS: 3 intake front 3 exhaust 2 top and 1 back wovibo RGB 5V3Pin version

I got the new fans for my PC sadly they're remote controlled and can't be controlled by Mobo except for the RGB 

GPU stress test with Heaven benchmark for 1H completely OK

RAM Test with passmark NO errors

CPU benchmark WITH PASSMARK 87C => SHUT DOWN

Went to power management changed cooling to passive

No more SHOT DOWNS on passmark

2x Ran cinebench 3rd test hit 100c for too long and triggered a SHUT DOWN

Decreased clocks to 3.7 Hit 100c on cinebench no SHUT DOWN

Decreased clocks to 3.6 Hit 100c on cinebench no SHUT DOWN

Ran OCCT and used power test cpu usage on all cores jumps to 99% and pc Shuts down 1 sec after the test starts.

19 minutes ago, Noob-pc-builder said:

You need a MUCH BETTER cooler.  If it'll fit in your care:  The Vetroo V5 or the 224-XT Coolers are fairly cheap (30 bucks or so) and much much much more capable coolers.  

Short term, if it wasn't crashing with the side panels off, take it off again.  Causing your PC to crash due to terrible thermals is going to fuck it up if you keep doing it. 

Thermal paste will only affect temperatures by around 1 degree celsius at best.

If temperatures are much worse after you change thermal paste, most likely it's the cooler too loose, cooler not screwed tight enough to the cpu. 

But in your case, the mounting pressure is probably fine.

Even though 4770 is not an unlocked cpu, or maybe precisely because of that*, the cpu produces more heat than what that tiny cooler can handle.

Until you find a stronger cooler, maybe you could get it working by placing a 120-140 mm fan pretty much on top of the cpu cooler blowing air down on that cooler... the small fan on the Arctic cooler can't push enough air through the cooler fins to move the heat from the fins into the air and out the case.

* 4770k unlocked would most likely be better binned as in require less voltage and power to achieve the frequency, while non unlocked 4770 will be chips that are too inefficient to be overclockable, or chips that can't overclock much.

19 minutes ago, mariushm said:

If temperatures are much worse after you change thermal paste, most likely it's the cooler too loose, cooler not screwed tight enough to the cpu. 

Even though 4770 is not an unlocked cpu, or maybe precisely because of that*, the cpu produces more heat than what that tiny cooler can handle.

Until you find a stronger cooler, maybe you could get it working by placing a 120-140 mm fan pretty much on top of the cpu cooler blowing air down on that cooler... the small fan on the Arctic cooler can't push enough air through the cooler fins to move the heat from the fins into the air and out the case.

* 4770k unlocked would most likely be better binned as in require less voltage and power to achieve the frequency, while non unlocked 4770 will be chips that are too inefficient to be overclockable, or chips that can't overclock much.

I disabled the OC which was enabled for 2 years and the pc shuts down 2 secs into OCCT power test

2 hours ago, mariushm said:

but it was working just fine for a year or so

5 hours ago, tkitch said:

can you plz tell me why my cpu is not thermal throttling instead of just fighting until shut down

40 minutes ago, Noob-pc-builder said:

can you plz tell me why my cpu is not thermal throttling instead of just fighting until shut down

may be BIOS settings or something, IDK.

But you really need to get a better cooler on that.