Replace 2060 for a 2070 Super

baby0.0Yoda

Looking for some advice. Should I upgrade my 3 year old 2060 for a used 2070 super? In the UK so will be around £150 extra that I will need to pitch in and I believe 2070 super will give me a 25% - 30% gain in performance. I have a 1440p display and at times 2060 struggles to cope on high settings....

If you can afford it and you will make use of the performance improvement then go for it. Just make sure you're purchasing the GPU somewhere that you have buyer protection.

If you can wait, GPU stock is supposed to improve later this year possibly improving prices. Although, this is definitely not guaranteed so you'll have to weigh your trust in the GPU economy making that decision.

A 3060 or 6600XT might be a better buy?

2060's seem to sell for 350-400ish

2070 Supers seem to sell for 550ish

But buying a used 2070 super means no warranty (unless you buy from CeX or similar, but then your paying £640 for one)

You can get a new 6600XT for £499 which is a smidge faster than a 2070 super, and comes with a warranty and is all shiney and new.

3060's start from £570 and are a touch slower than both 2070 and the 6600xt.

18 minutes ago, rileyakirk said:

If you can afford it and you will make use of the performance improvement then go for it. Just make sure you're purchasing the GPU somewhere that you have buyer protection.

If you can wait, GPU stock is supposed to improve later this year possibly improving prices. Although, this is definitely not guaranteed so you'll have to weigh your trust in the GPU economy making that decision.

Yes absolutely, I have heard there is too much dodgy going on in used GPU market. I feel Ebay is a safe bet considereing they provide buyer's protection, also backed by Paypal.

1 minute ago, Aragorn- said:

A 3060 or 6600XT might be a better buy?

2060's seem to sell for 350-400ish

2070 Supers seem to sell for 550ish

But buying a used 2070 super means no warranty (unless you buy from CeX or similar, but then your paying £640 for one)

You can get a new 6600XT for £499 which is a smidge faster than a 2070 super, and comes with a warranty and is all shiney and new.

3060's start from £570 and are a touch slower than both 2070 and the 6600xt.

All good points thank you.

I have spent last couple of days going through different benchmarking websites and youtube videos around my budget which is max £600, a 2070 Super is the closest to what I need. I saw 6600xt tbh and thought there are not much performance gains from a 2060.

I have not checked 3060, just looking at Ebay sold items it seems to be going around £575 which actually is not bad. I need to look up some benchmarking stuff around it but I think this is a good shout thank you. I might be able to grab a "not so old piece" with 3060.

I checked CEX, usually my goto place for used stuff due to their 2year warranty but they are bloody charging top dollar for any GPU I could think of.

I got a couple of weeks to make the decision.... and pick one the choices below:

1- Upgrade motherboard (msi b450 carbon ac) and cpu(2700x) to a 550 and 5800x set.

2- Upgrade my 2060

3- Keep it simple and just buy a console, possibly a PS5 🙂

you can get a new 3060 for 575 from ebuyer/overclockers. No need to pay that for a used one.

Not sure what performance stats your been looking at, but the 3060/2070S/6600xt are all very close, eg:

1440p_Average.png

6600xt is ofcourse both cheaper and faster than the 3060, so makes for a very good option.

5 minutes ago, Aragorn- said:

you can get a new 3060 for 575 from ebuyer/overclockers. No need to pay that for a used one.

Not sure what performance stats your been looking at, but the 3060/2070S/6600xt are all very close, eg:

1440p_Average.png

You got a point... no idea how I thought 6600xt is way below 2070 Super.... price is not bad and I can see it's in stock as well....

Thank you guess time to make up the mind 🙂