Water-cooled egpu enclosure?

CptnReflex

Currently watercool my computer and my leftover 2070 super is water-cooled and I thought it would be pretty cool to do an egpu build out of it. Any way I could do one with actual watercooling? Can you use an it case to house an egpu only system? I dunno I wouldn't want to out stock cooler back on is all 

I believe an ITX case like this allows you to house the GPU separately without needing to retool it yourself, but you'd be using up a fair bit of extra space and spending a decent bit of money. Although, compared to most eGPU enclosures its relatively cheap.

The hardest part is getting the GPU plugged into the PCIe slot from that distance. PCIe risers aren't exactly meant to be run outside of a case and USB based risers would come with a performance hit.

That case is nice but also how would I use that as an egpu only? Do they have itx boards that convert a case into an egpu box or something to make it easy? 😅

4 minutes ago, CptnReflex said:

That case is nice but also how would I use that as an egpu only? Do they have itx boards that convert a case into an egpu box or something to make it easy? 😅

There's a spot to install the GPU by itself without needing to install a motherboard.

What is your goal? Do you want to use it as an eGPU for a laptop or something?

23 hours ago, rileyakirk said:

There's a spot to install the GPU by itself without needing to install a motherboard.

What is your goal? Do you want to use it as an eGPU for a laptop or something?

Goal would be to have a older crappy laptop with thunderbolt use my old 2070 super, and have a more portable gaming solution. I'm probably going to put the stock cooler back on my 2070s and put it in an egpu box but seems like a waste when I have a nice waterblock on it 😔

If you were to install GPU without the mobo, you'd have to plug it with a riser card to USB 3.0? 

On 1/21/2022 at 6:04 PM, CptnReflex said:

Goal would be to have a older crappy laptop with thunderbolt use my old 2070 super, and have a more portable gaming solution. I'm probably going to put the stock cooler back on my 2070s and put it in an egpu box but seems like a waste when I have a nice waterblock on it 😔

If you were to install GPU without the mobo, you'd have to plug it with a riser card to USB 3.0? 

Yes, something like that should work. You would also need a power supply for the GPU. Something like a 300 watt 80 Plus White rated PSU would be the minimum you could get away with without undervolting.