Help with fps @escapefromtarkov

Jood99

I have been trying to get abetter fps at this game for the better part of year, done every  fps guide i found and still cant figure out why my game runs at 40-65 avg fps i am pretty sure its a software issue but i cant find it. am looking for some one who can and i am willing to even pay if he finds a fix for it.

My system specs:  MSI trident X003 9th gen

Intel Core™ i7-9700K Processor 8 Cores 3.6-4.9 GHz 12M Cache

16GB DDR4 2666Mhz (16GB x 1)

NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™2080 8G GDDR6  (MSI ventus version)

650W 80 Plus Gold

2 minutes ago, Jood99 said:

16GB DDR4 2666Mhz (16GB x 1)

You'll most likely get better results with faster memory running in dual channel mode (two sticks).

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Brian morgan said:

What’s the game u want to get better fps in 

escapefromtarkov and i know the game is in beta but streamers and other ppl who are running 2080 are getting 120fps

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You'll most likely get better results with faster memory running in dual channel mode (two sticks).

50 fps more ?

14 minutes ago, Jood99 said:

50 fps more ?

ehh, no. While using dual channel memory will increase your FPS it will not be by that much. The game is in beta and performs differently with every wipe and every patch. Another big thing to consider is the resolution you are running at. What resolution do you play at? 1080p? 1440p? That will give me a better idea as I play EFT consistantly.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

9 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

ehh, no. While using dual channel memory will increase your FPS it will not be by that much. The game is in beta and performs differently with every wipe and every patch. Another big thing to consider is the resolution you are running at. What resolution do you play at? 1080p? 1440p? That will give me a better idea as I play EFT consistantly.

1440p. and  as i said i do realize that but 40 fps on this system while both my cpu and gpu usage not exceeding 70. my gpu usually sits around 40% usage

7 minutes ago, Jood99 said:

1440p. and  as i said i do realize that but 40 fps on this system while both my cpu and gpu usage not exceeding 70. my gpu usually sits around 40% usage

Ok that makes more sense. While the game is in beta the optimization is going to be subpar and sometimes have issues, that is why you see lower CPU and GPU usage as it isn't fully optimized yet. There are fps guides that are only a few days old that have some good reviews, you have to make sure you're following them completely and you're doing the guide for the current patch. Even if it's a few months old it may necessarily not work.

Upgrading to dual channel memory could increase and smooth out your fps for sure, like high 60s to 70s and a smooth consistent frame rate without the drops depending on settings at 1440p but with your system if you want to be in the 100fps plus range you're going to need to play at 1080p, a lot of streamers play at/on 1080p high refresh rate monitors not 1440p. I mean even with custom settings on my rig(12700k and 3090) I can't even get 120fps locked with my system at 1440p. My average per map is like 90 to 100fps, I haven't tried any of these guides but they seem to be working for most.

Your memory misconfiguration is definitely a contributing factor, also upon looking at the model of your computer, it may also be an issue regarding cooling/thermal throttling, or the manufacturer of the system limiting components to keep them from overheating. Make sure your system is set to high performance and both the CPU and the GPU are set to run at their full power, CPU will be in the power and sleep advanced settings and GPU will be in Nvidia control panel.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Ok that makes more sense. While the game is in beta the optimization is going to be subpar and sometimes have issues, that is why you see lower CPU and GPU usage as it isn't fully optimized yet. There are fps guides that are only a few days old that have some good reviews, you have to make sure you're following them completely and you're doing the guide for the current patch. Even if it's a few months old it may necessarily not work.

Upgrading to dual channel memory could increase and smooth out your fps for sure, like high 60s to 70s and a smooth consistent frame rate without the drops depending on settings at 1440p but with your system if you want to be in the 100fps plus range you're going to need to play at 1080p, a lot of streamers play at/on 1080p high refresh rate monitors not 1440p. I mean even with custom settings on my rig(12700k and 3090) I can't even get 120fps locked with my system at 1440p. My average per map is like 90 to 100fps, I haven't tried any of these guides but they seem to be working for most.

Your memory misconfiguration is definitely a contributing factor, also upon looking at the model of your computer, it may also be an issue regarding cooling/thermal throttling, or the manufacturer of the system limiting components to keep them from overheating. Make sure your system is set to high performance and both the CPU and the GPU are set to run at their full power, CPU will be in the power and sleep advanced settings and GPU will be in Nvidia control panel.

i did follow  these guides got a huge improvement for a game or two and then those extra fps's disappeared. switching to 1080 made no difference (0-6 fps improvement) and no there are no throttling.

here is a build similar to mine achieving double the fps i am 

1 hour ago, SpookyCitrus said:

and would you rather if i upgraded to two sticks of 8gb 3200mhz ram or get another 16 2666mhz

35 minutes ago, Jood99 said:

i did follow  these guides got a huge improvement for a game or two and then those extra fps's disappeared. switching to 1080 made no difference (0-6 fps improvement) and no there are no throttling.

here is a build similar to mine achieving double the fps i am 

Again, that's an older video, 2 years old now. It's of a much different build of the game. The performance will vary between patches and builds. The game has a memory leak issue where after a few games performance can drop, or the game can lag in the menus/stash, you have to restart the game to fix this and it happens for everyone. Your main issue right now is the single stick of memory.

Just now, Jood99 said:

and would you rather if i upgraded to two sticks of 8gb 3200mhz ram or get another 16 2666mhz

You can try by buying an extra stick of what you have, however the 2666mhz is a little slow. You can get 3000mhz or 3200mhz sticks of the same size for sometimes even cheaper. If it were me I'd do the extra 16GB 2666mhz for now or I'd grab a 32GB(2x16gb) 3200mhz kit as they are pretty inexpensive now if you know what to look for.

12 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

You can try by buying an extra stick of what you have, however the 2666mhz is a little slow. You can get 3000mhz or 3200mhz sticks of the same size for sometimes even cheaper. If it were me I'd do the extra 16GB 2666mhz for now or I'd grab a 32GB(2x16gb) 3200mhz kit as they are pretty inexpensive now if you know what to look for.

do you mind recommending any ?

And i am very thankful for your support guys

1 hour ago, Jood99 said:

do you mind recommending any ?

If you are going to be adding a second 16GB stick, just try to get the exact same make and model of what you already have. If you are ok buying a new kit you can get a 32GB(2x16GB) 3200mhz kit for less than $120, if you want a 16GB(2x8GB) 3200mhz kit you're looking at about $65 to $70. These are two I have used in the past with no problem, the Oloy may have an issue with clearance though it is a little tall.

If you want to go bang for the buck this kit will work just fine, used it on a build for a friend and no issues in the last 2 years. https://www.newegg.com/oloy-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820821287?Item=N82E16820821287&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https%3a%2f%2fpcpartpicker.com%2f&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-oEBEU1phjjtyjpGq.W4PFg

If you're ok with spending a little more for a more name brand kit then go for this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RW6Z692?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1