Motherboard cpu socket

ishyB
Go to solution Solved by ishyB,
1 hour ago, mariushm said:

It's fine as it is, most thermal pastes are not conductive so they won't affect the cpu.

Also, the paste that's still in those socket holes is not across two holes, to short two pins, if it was conductive in the first place, which is not.

But if you're paranoid, get some isopropyl alcohol, or some sanitary alcohol and some paper towel or those cotton swabs and wet them with alcohol and rub the socket with the cotton ball / wet paper towel.

The individual pins are grabbed from all sides inside the socket, the paste is mostly at the top of the holes for the pins, so it won't affect the connections inside the socket.

Thanks for the reply will do that maybe 👍

1 hour ago, Haro said:

Thermal paste (Not to be confused with liquid metal), is non conductive and shouldn't affect the board or socket in any way if some of it was present there, so the board should work as expected.

Thanks relief that even though I’ve been building PC’s never happend to me haha

Hey guys so I’ve basically purchased this B450 motherboard which was used of FB marketplace, got it for a steal of a price and I kinda know the guy, just wanted to know that I can see like a little spec of thermal paste in the socket so should I return this or keep this board as it may not make a difference

thanks guys D61A7004-81A6-4E27-A1CC-B17C80607931.thumb.jpeg.82421cf2d165c68e9893263f5acd2380.jpeg

Thermal paste (Not to be confused with liquid metal), is non conductive and shouldn't affect the board or socket in any way if some of it was present there, so the board should work as expected.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

It's fine as it is, most thermal pastes are not conductive so they won't affect the cpu.

Also, the paste that's still in those socket holes is not across two holes, to short two pins, if it was conductive in the first place, which is not.

But if you're paranoid, get some isopropyl alcohol, or some sanitary alcohol and some paper towel or those cotton swabs and wet them with alcohol and rub the socket with the cotton ball / wet paper towel.

The individual pins are grabbed from all sides inside the socket, the paste is mostly at the top of the holes for the pins, so it won't affect the connections inside the socket.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Thanks for the reply will do that maybe 👍

1 hour ago, Haro said:

Thanks relief that even though I’ve been building PC’s never happend to me haha