right clicking Image files causes win explorer crash

Chrishy
Go to solution Solved by Chrishy,

I fixed it by reinstalling Windows, also downgraded from Win 11 to 10 but I was gonna do that regardless.

I have a weird Windows Porblem which has been plaguing me for a while.

Whenever I right click an Image file to for example copy it, the windows loading circle thing pops up and it'll either take exactly 30 seconds for the menu to show up or it crashes when I click anywhere in the file explorer.

Doing a clean boot doesnt do anything. I already did a sfc /scannow and it reportet no issues. I also tried to use a different file explorer but the issues persists there.

Lastly I tried uninstalling Apps that might add anything to the menu like Daemon Tools, but that didnt fix it either.

Im on Windows 11 btw, but the issue already happened when I was on Windows 10.

Anything else I can try to fix it?

Try run checkdisk on it open cmd as admin like you did when you ran sfc and run this command before you reboot PC.

chkdsk c: /f /r

You need to reboot after yo run this command on os drive btw because you cant run it with Windows running so just reboot after doing the command.

2 hours ago, aDoomGuy said:

Try run checkdisk on it open cmd as admin like you did when you ran sfc and run this command before you reboot PC.

chkdsk c: /f /r

You need to reboot after yo run this command on os drive btw because you cant run it with Windows running so just reboot after doing the command.

I did that now but the problem is still here 😞

• 2 weeks later...

I fixed it by reinstalling Windows, also downgraded from Win 11 to 10 but I was gonna do that regardless.