MSI Afterburner not doing custom curve (on a ASUS 2080S Strix)

Hi all

I have this weird issue with afterburner, maybe someone have a solution or ideas how to solve it.

(lets start by saying, that if I don´t use afterburner, the GPU will go wonkers with fan spinning during intense gaming, thus the reason I want it on)

So.. I have everything set up, tried various options firmware control and hardware zero fan override (so I can start at 30, it is dead silent at fan speeds below 55) The auto feature is not on and the box around the "custom" is filled (it is grey however, don´t know if that is an issue) but I can click it on.

When I ie. game, the temp will obviously raise, but the fan speeds do nothing, the fanspeed just sits at what I have slided it too at default (like if I have it on 30, it is 30 all the time, no matter the temp, if it is 50, then 50 all the time)

This is just an example of a custom fan curve and what I have tried to put on (I usually never had firmware or override on, those have just been used for testing) I have tried with less agressive curves and so forth.. But no matter what, nothing happens, it just sits at the fan speed you see the slider on, if I move the slider, the fan speed changes (obviously)

662198844_Afterburnerexampleonstaticfanspeed.thumb.jpg.72a2afd59d767fc0e0f4294838cf1767.jpg

Maybe I should try out the Asus software? I heard it have custom fan curve control as well, can anyone recommend that? is it as good as afterburner?

As you might notice, the core voltage is also greyed out, but that is alright, I just want the custom fan control.

Extra information

If I hit the custom fan symbol at the left and then also add auto, then the fans do spin better (they still go higher, than I want to on lower temps) but it is atleast acceptable in many cases, unless it is a super demanding activity (then it can still go around 79c and then go full 100% fanspeed)

I had similar experience (albeit nothing near this in terms if noise issue) with my old 2080 card, that went up and down all the time (also with programs uninstalled) but it is still annoying not to be able to put a proper custom fan.