Corsair H100i RGB Platinum on LGA1151 possibly able to fit on LGA1700??

Hi, so I'm running a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum on an I7-7700 (in a Z270 mobo) right now and I just received my 12700K and the mobo. Now I know the key differences between the CPU's and the sockets are that the LGA1151 is 75mm x 75mm and LGA1700 is 78mm x 78mm and for the CPU's, the IHS is lower on the new 12700K. All that considered, the bracket behind the mobo that hold the cooler is at it's smallest configuration right now (at 75mm x 75mm), so I'm guessing that by putting it bigger it would fit LGA1700, so that's one thing clarified for now. The other thing is that I ordered the retrofit kit from Corsair and it's expected to ship in two weeks, so no way I'm waiting that long lmao. Other option would be to buy a new AIO but that's the last thing I wanna do. Is it possible to mount that AIO to my new LGA1700 mobo while making sure it's fine? Worse case scenario I can trim the standoffs or something.

Thanks!

You can just ziptie it, crude but itll work for now and since most of the weight on an aio is the rad then the block should be quite easy to ziptie to the cpu. Low mounting pressure does raise temps abit but then again im running a 92mm chinese cooler without even mounting it, pressing on it only yeilds 1-2c lower temps so mounting pressure dont matter too much as long as its making good enough contact with the cpu and it isnt too low either

2 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

You can just ziptie it, crude but itll work for now and since most of the weight on an aio is the rad then the block should be quite easy to ziptie to the cpu. Low mounting pressure does raise temps abit but then again im running a 92mm chinese cooler without even mounting it, pressing on it only yeilds 1-2c lower temps so mounting pressure dont matter too much as long as its making good enough contact with the cpu and it isnt too low either

Okk so I'll try what I currently have and I'll just check if the block touches the CPU okk and if it does then that's what I'll do for now then. Thanks btw

• 2 weeks later...

Okk so I received everything (including the LGA1700 standoffs), I've tried to run Cinebench R23 with the 1151 standoffs and it almost instantly went up to about 95 degrees celsius as soon as I hit start... As for the temps with the LGA1700 standoffs, the temperatures were stable at about ~80 degrees or so. I'm almost considering getting a 360mm AIO instead of my 240mm haha.