Selling a lapped CPU

Devryd

Hi

I own a msi x370 sli plus mainboard with a r7 3800x. I bought the 3800x last year when it was pretty cheap, since my board wasnt supposed to get zen3 support. Since I thought I would keep the CPU for a long time, I lapped it for better thermals. Now there are news, that there will be zen3 support for x370 after all and I was wondering if it is possible to sell a lapped CPU?
Does anybody have experience with it?
Thanks for your help

I know there is no reason, why it should be worth less. I just dont know, if other people see it the same way

31 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

If anything it should be worth more since you've added value to it. Assuming you can find a buyer who knows what lapping is

Nah.. I don't think so. I wouldn't pay more for a lapped 3800, I would be inclined to pay less, unless she is a savage overclocker, which I highly doubt.. There are some unknowns. Personally, I would rather see what it is I am buying. and I would rather choose to lap or not. If I did it I know it is done properly.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

Looking around on eBay, it looks like lapped CPUs tend to be selling for slightly less than the price of non-lapped, used CPUs. I found one example where the CPU sold for more than average: a lapped and delided 8600K - that was back when Intel was still using the tooth paste, so I can see someone viewing the delidding as a service that adds value. The rest of the CPUs were sold for below the average selling price. However, it's not like the value totally tanks.

Thanks for your experience. I didnt find any lapped cpus on ebay, so I thought you might know something