GTX 1070 running slow and hot, need assistance

I've noticed that my GPU isn't performing as good as it should, only got around 1920 score on heaven bench on 1080p (the average is around 2400-2500 for a 1070), running at stock. It also pretty much runs at it's temp limit (83C) all the time under medium-high to max loads.

I've tried:
-DDU
-Reseating the GPU
-Cleaning the GPU and reapplying thermal paste (which lowered only the idle and low load temps)
-Turning on max performance in power management settings

My specs are:
Motherboard: B450 Aorus Elite
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (stock)
GPU: INNO3D GTX 1070 (stock)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart RGB 650W
RAM: G.Skill 2x8GB Aegis 3200mhz

The airflow is configured in a decent way, having 2 in-take and 2 out-take fans.

Clockspeed and usage during the test? HWInfo will allow you to break out graphs of all the important stats and put them on top of eachother. Running a benchmark with those open then taking a screenshot will tell us right away what the problem is.

24 minutes ago, konza said:
I've noticed that my GPU isn't performing as good as it should, only got around 1920 score on heaven bench on 1080p (the average is around 2400-2500 for a 1070), running at stock. It also pretty much runs at it's temp limit (83C) all the time under medium-high to max loads.

I've tried:
-DDU
-Reseating the GPU
-Cleaning the GPU and reapplying thermal paste (which lowered only the idle and low load temps)
-Turning on max performance in power management settings

My specs are:
Motherboard: B450 Aorus Elite
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 (stock)
GPU: INNO3D GTX 1070 (stock)
PSU: Thermaltake Smart RGB 650W
RAM: G.Skill 2x8GB Aegis 3200mhz

The airflow is configured in a decent way, having 2 in-take and 2 out-take fans.

What kind of case are you using?

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.

22 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Clockspeed and usage during the test? HWInfo will allow you to break out graphs of all the important stats and put them on top of eachother. Running a benchmark with those open then taking a screenshot will tell us right away what the problem is.

Already did it, when I did the said bench, but I've restarted my PC, so I'll post it when I re-run the bench in a bit. I remember the clock going to the max of ~1890mhz on the core and 4002mhz on memory, the usage was 100% all throughout.

3 minutes ago, Tech87 said:

What kind of case are you using?

I'm using an MS Winston

13 minutes ago, konza said:

I'm using an MS Winston

I think that's your problem right there.
Remove the side panel. I'll bet your temps will drop 10C.

Spoiler

CPU Ryzen 5900X - Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX X570-E - RAM 16GB of G.SKILL NEON 3600 -
GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 - Case Mastercase H500p mesh - PSU Seasonic Focus Gx-850 -
Corsair MP600 NVME 1 Tb, Samsung 960 PRO 500 Gb & 2 Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM 2TB in stripe -
Display two VG27AQ 2K monitor - Cooling Corsair H150 Pro - 

Keyboard G-910 W/ Romer G tactile - Mouse G 502 Hero (wired) -
Sound Logitech X-530 and Razer Tiamat headphones

Operating System Windows 10

4 minutes ago, Quickstrike said:

I think that's your problem right there.
Remove the side panel. I'll bet your temps will drop 10C.

I was thinking of doing that, but won't dust gather many times faster that way?

20 minutes ago, konza said:

Already did it, when I did the said bench, but I've restarted my PC, so I'll post it when I re-run the bench in a bit. I remember the clock going to the max of ~1890mhz on the core and 4002mhz on memory, the usage was 100% all throughout.

I did 3 runs, seeing as I had more apps open when I was benching earlier, the average result is a bit better this time, but is still underperforming. Here are the 3 runs (in order) and the hwinfo log along with a screenshot:

1.png

2.png

3.png

2022-01-13 22_20_47-Window.png

bench.CSV

1 hour ago, konza said:

I was thinking of doing that, but won't dust gather many times faster that way?

It's fine for running a short while to do some tests.

I checked on that case, and although it's tough to see with limited pictures, it appears the front panel is solid with only a small spot on the front side for intake.

7 hours ago, Tech87 said:

It's fine for running a short while to do some tests.

I checked on that case, and although it's tough to see with limited pictures, it appears the front panel is solid with only a small spot on the front side for intake.

I'm basically using the front for out-take, I take in the air with 1 fan at the top of the case and one fan in the back, there's 2 fans in front that blow the air out from the holes on the side. I do agree that the case is pretty meh, but I don't really have the time or the money sadly to upgrade to a good case, so could I do something different to make better airflow with what I have?

15 minutes ago, konza said:

I'm basically using the front for out-take, I take in the air with 1 fan at the top of the case and one fan in the back, there's 2 fans in front that blow the air out from the holes on the side. I do agree that the case is pretty meh, but I don't really have the time or the money sadly to upgrade to a good case, so could I do something different to make better airflow with what I have?

I would first take the side panel off and run a few benchmarks to see how much improvement you get.

Then you may want to play around with different fan configurations until you find what works best for your setup.

9 hours ago, Tech87 said:

I would first take the side panel off and run a few benchmarks to see how much improvement you get.

Then you may want to play around with different fan configurations until you find what works best for your setup.

I did a bench without my side panel, temps are exactly the same, I think my GPU might be thermal throttling, I tried setting the temp limit to 90C and it in no time went to 90C. What can I do about this?

1 hour ago, konza said:

I did a bench without my side panel, temps are exactly the same, I think my GPU might be thermal throttling, I tried setting the temp limit to 90C and it in no time went to 90C. What can I do about this?

Do you have the psu mounted at the bottom of the case, and is the fan output pointed inside or outside the case?

I'm wondering if the psu is blowing hot air over the GPU.

1 hour ago, Tech87 said:

Do you have the psu mounted at the bottom of the case, and is the fan output pointed inside or outside the case?

I'm wondering if the psu is blowing hot air over the GPU.

The PSU is blowing air outside of the case.