is it worth buying a 1060 6gb when building a new computer? (I currently have no computer)

Ali Rizvi

hello all
i live in Pakistan so getting new stock is almost impossible for me. so, I am building a computer with for not a lot of budget (approx 800 usd). i going to get a core i5 11400 or 11500. and i can get a 1060 at around 250 usd. is it a good buy or should I wait? (not buying means that I will not have a gpu )

I think it is a touch on the expensive side but not outrageous. Have you looked at the price for the 10400? In my country the difference is rather big!

11 minutes ago, DamirB said:

I think it is a touch on the expensive side but not outrageous. Have you looked at the price for the 10400? In my country the difference is rather big!

yea the difference is about 20 dollars

I am not buying the gpu for Pakistan. In Pakistan it is about 400 usd

The price in this market is not too bad. As long it is in good order it will be much better than nothing and it can run games.

its a meh price, not too bad.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

Seems average, if you need/want it, buy it. Spent 150 for a 3gig model and it was missing a part. But I can play bf4 on it, so well worth it to me.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Seems fine.  I wouldn't ball out too hard on any other components, keep the rest minimal.  Check eBay cheap for CPU MoBo combos of zen 1/2 or later skylake refreshes.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.