What do you guys think?

jetnoodles
Go to solution Solved by R3dbullDrinker,
15 minutes ago, NOV654 said:

Updated it. Is it any better?

@Caroline @R3dbullDrinker

Yes however the 240hz monitor you chose isnt that great If on a really tight budget go for a 144hz monitor thats really good I dont have the best recommendations but I personally love LG monitors and they are really good across the board.  I own the 240hz 27inch one but I have friends with the 144hz 1440p ones and they are amazing.  then pair it with a similar monitor but cheaper.  Now with more money saved try and get a 360 rad ek as it would look better in the 5000d and perform much better.  After that I think you are golden.  Also Id recommend you vesa mount your monitors, its adjustable and looks esthetically pleasing.

6 minutes ago, NOV654 said:

Budget:£3000 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Some gaming and also streaming

Other details: 1080p gaming at around 80+ fps

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/nov654/saved/2CFTMp 

The budget is pretty good.  I would ditch the double 144hz monitors and get something like a good 240hz and maybe a 60hz for the second one as you would not use the second 144hz.  The aio isnt the best performing if you can get the ek 360 aios they perform wayyy better and look just as good.  Also for streaming id get 32 gb of ram just try and find a way to squeeze it in as streaming tanks your fps on 16gb.  The storage is also kinda overkill Id get a 1tb or even 500gb ssd to save money and get more storage for games on a hdd like the seagate barracuda 2tb.

32 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

The budget is pretty good.  I would ditch the double 144hz monitors and get something like a good 240hz and maybe a 60hz for the second one as you would not use the second 144hz.  The aio isnt the best performing if you can get the ek 360 aios they perform wayyy better and look just as good.  Also for streaming id get 32 gb of ram just try and find a way to squeeze it in as streaming tanks your fps on 16gb.  The storage is also kinda overkill Id get a 1tb or even 500gb ssd to save money and get more storage for games on a hdd like the seagate barracuda 2tb.

ok. will swap the monitors out, change the cooler and storage and upgrade the memory.

18 minutes ago, Caroline said:

could go for air cooling and bump the memory speed to 3600 with what you'rer saving

Oh and definitely stop thinking about wifi if you're streaming unless you want it to lag and drop quality every 10 seconds, $50 for a NIC is plain ridiculous considering it's just a regular card with a fancy heatsink on top of it to make it look "professional"

A $10 ethernet cable will beat it in terms of speed and stability 

That mouse is just.... cringe. But it's your build not mine :old-laugh:

Depending on what games you're playing that desk looks fragile af, like I could probably damage it with a punch and I'm not even that strong, def not strong as a guy tho so be careful if you rage against the machine

Using wifi because the router is downstairs and I'll be using the pc upstairs.

will upgrade the memory

15 minutes ago, NOV654 said:

Updated it. Is it any better?

@Caroline @R3dbullDrinker

Yes however the 240hz monitor you chose isnt that great If on a really tight budget go for a 144hz monitor thats really good I dont have the best recommendations but I personally love LG monitors and they are really good across the board.  I own the 240hz 27inch one but I have friends with the 144hz 1440p ones and they are amazing.  then pair it with a similar monitor but cheaper.  Now with more money saved try and get a 360 rad ek as it would look better in the 5000d and perform much better.  After that I think you are golden.  Also Id recommend you vesa mount your monitors, its adjustable and looks esthetically pleasing.

4 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

Yes however the 240hz monitor you chose isnt that great If on a really tight budget go for a 144hz monitor thats really good I dont have the best recommendations but I personally love LG monitors and they are really good across the board.  I own the 240hz 27inch one but I have friends with the 144hz 1440p ones and they are amazing.  then pair it with a similar monitor but cheaper.  Now with more money saved try and get a 360 rad ek as it would look better in the 5000d and perform much better.  After that I think you are golden.

I went for the original monitors as I want to game at 1080p. To save some money I went for the msi optix g242

Also I had already added the 360 ek aio

Just now, NOV654 said:

I went for the original monitors as I want to game at 1080p. To save some money I went for the msi optix g242

Also I had already added the 360 ek aio

alrighty sounds good to me happy streaming!!!