Where does every buy their replacement screens?

Hey, I've recently run into a snag while replacing the broken screen on my Coolpix S6300. I was only able to find replacement screens for the S6000, and I thought it was worth a shot to see if it would fit in the S6300. I didn't. The screen fit, but the ribbon is slightly larger on the S6000 than the S63000, I don't know if this is something I can trim to size as it will probably render the screen useless. So where does everyone go for their replacement screens? I've checked ebay and amazon and can't find a replacement screen for the S6300 anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Nikon don't really sell replacement parts for their compact/Coolpix cameras apart from the odd one. They usually only sell parts for DLSRs that usually get a lot more use out of and parts fail a lot more.

Anyway, I saw on amazon your camera was $120. You pay premium for parts and would end up paying 70$ for a replacement screen. You would be better off biting the bullet and getting a new one. :(

We like clockwork

He sure is neat

Buy some t-shirts

So he can eat.

• 2 weeks later...

I did manage to find a screen for the S6000 and I bought that for around $15-20 so I was hoping to be able to find a screen for the S6300 for cheaper. I just don't know why it's so hard to find replacement screens.

Edit: I just found a replacement screen on ebay that wasn't there before. It was only $27 which I was very pleased about. Just wanted to mark this as resolved in case anyone is looking for the same/similar screen. The ebay group is DHcameras.