How long should i wait before cleaning?

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this but recently my pc has been turning its self off and i think its in need of a clean as its been a while, I was wondering how long should i wait after powering off the system before i start taking components out to clean everything? or is turning it off and holding the power button good enough to start working on it? also when i use my electric air blower on the fans should i hold them so they don't spin like crazy?

I would wait for 5 minutes so the capacitors are completely dry. Before you start cleaning, touch the case with you hand to loose the static electicity from your body. 馃槈聽Allways holed the fan when blowing air to them, for something like PSU fan, use the tooth pick. 馃槃聽Also, change the thermal paste on your CPU and GPU (if there is no warrenty), use something like Arctic MX-4, Noctua NT H1/H2.

Cleaning is not going to solve your shutdown issue (unless your case is literally caked in pounds of dust).

You have a hardware problem. Usually a bad mobo or psu.

52 minutes ago, dilpickle said:

Cleaning is not going to solve your shutdown issue (unless your case is literally caked in pounds of dust).

You have a hardware problem. Usually a bad mobo or psu.

It doesn't do it often maybe 1-3 times a week at random times i do need a whole new system but i have to wait for that so i'm trying to rule out it being dusty and over heating

9 hours ago, rawrturkey said:

It doesn't do it often maybe 1-3 times a week at random times i do need a whole new system but i have to wait for that so i'm trying to rule out it being dusty and over heating

What are your specs and what power supply do you have? Maybe your power supply is just barely able to keep up.聽

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

聽-Rakshit Jain