Recommendations For Laptop Please. :)

I'm looking for a new laptop good enough for mostly gaming, friendly for a content creator, and is a good bang for the buck. 

I'm gonna be doing a lot of traveling this year and won't have my main desktop with me. I currently can go up to $1500 before tax. A friend suggested an MSI GE76 Raider with an RTX 3060 which I went to grab at my local Costco at my price point. mostly because Costco usually doesn't keep these deals around very long. I'm keeping in mind that with my budget I won't see much passed 1080p, but I'm one of those people who wonder if I could have gotten something better or cheaper. I've done some searching and can't seem to find anything else within my price point except for an Asus one that I wouldn't have minded going a bit higher on my budget if it was available right now. 

Maybe someone can direct me in thinking I may have picked a good enough laptop or if I should keep looking. I'm still within my return window for the MSI laptop, but maybe someone has better luck finding another that's better at the same price point. 

Thank you in advance. 🙂

I'm just gonna link you to Jarrod'sTech, he does gaming laptop reviews, so you should be able to find something that makes sense.

If you don't wanna bother with that, a Lenovo Legion 5 with a 3060 is a good bet.

43 minutes ago, Founders said:

OP, any chance you have a Micro Center near by? Lenovo Legion 5 under budget with everything you were looking for. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.2GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 6GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM; 1TB Solid State Drive

I don't have a Micro Center, but it seems like the legion 5 you and Revioli recommended is a 14% average difference in performance in cpu, and it seems like they are able to ship this to me. I play Final Fantasy XIV, Halo Infinite, and Tomb Raider mostly on my pc now a days. 

I watched Jarrod's Tech video in a comparison video, but the laptops he compared were with 3070, but he did well on comparing the cpus.

Thank you two for your help. I'll take this laptop back and order the Legion one. I never bother to look on Micro Center since here in the state of Idaho we don't have anything like it except Best Buy. Even then my Best Buy doesn't carry a lot of gaming laptops or gaming peripherals.