Paring 8bitdo controllers on Xbox Series S

As from the title can an sn30 pro+ be paired with an Xbox Series S? Can't find info neither to confirm it or deny it.

On 1/8/2022 at 6:05 AM, linkboy said:

No, it can't. The Switch is the only console that 8bitdo controllers can pair with.

If you want to use an 8bitdo controller with a Xbox, you'll need to get this controller.

Wow feels so wrong! I thought that all these bluetooth controllers worked anywere as xbox controllers seem to do but not 8bitdo??? Damn I loved 8bitdo, they were my goto controllers and this version for xbox in wired only, in 2022??? It blows my mind even more!

4 hours ago, Drexo said:

Wow feels so wrong! I thought that all these bluetooth controllers worked anywere as xbox controllers seem to do but not 8bitdo??? Damn I loved 8bitdo, they were my goto controllers and this version for xbox in wired only, in 2022??? It blows my mind even more!

It's not 8bitdo, it's Microsoft. The Xbox consoles don't support Bluetooth for their controllers, they use a proprietary wireless protocol. The Xbox controllers support Bluetooth to enable support with Windows, as the Xbox controller is the default Windows controller.

Unless Microsoft were to license their wireless protocol to 8bitdo, the only option is to make a wired controller.

2 hours ago, linkboy said:

It's not 8bitdo, it's Microsoft. The Xbox consoles don't support Bluetooth for their controllers, they use a proprietary wireless protocol. The Xbox controllers support Bluetooth to enable support with Windows, as the Xbox controller is the default Windows controller.

Unless Microsoft were to license their wireless protocol to 8bitdo, the only option is to make a wired controller.

He couldn't buy one of 8BitDo's USB dongles to pair it?

5 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

He couldn't buy one of 8BitDo's USB dongles to pair it?

I know about those but from what I read there isn't one for 8bitdos to work on Xbox.