Has anyone used a case prototyper to make a stealth PC

I'm curious if anyone has used a case prototyper (like Protocase.com) and 3D printers to make a computer that looks like an old IBM PS/2 computer but houses standard ATX components so they can have  a stealth PC?

I attached an image of what I am trying to decide if I should try and make.

IBM Model 70.jpg

I can almost guarantee someone or multiple people have. But it's much more likely someone just fabricated the inside chassis and used the already existing shell of the case instead of 3d printing it. cheaper than getting a large fabricator to do everything from scratch for you.

They're called sleeper PCs.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

10 minutes ago, Arika S said:

They're called sleeper PCs.

They are indeed...

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Usually when people want to have a case that looks like something old, like the IBM PS/2 you've shown here, they just take an existing original case from such a machine and modify it to accept ATX (or other) components. Below is an excellent example of an old IBM Aptiva that was gutted and used to house an i7-6700K machine. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

funny thing is that people put it in old case...that have gone up in value so making it worth stilling i mean the point of making it look like a sleeper is if some one brakes in they steel your tv then this...

unless they look at it and say ship that's too heavy...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

32 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

funny thing is that people put it in old case...that have gone up in value so making it worth stilling i mean the point of making it look like a sleeper is if some one brakes in they steel your tv then this...

those old cases were thick-ass steel and weighed a TON

38 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

I had one back in the day and love the look. But as you say they are getting valuable. I started this just because I was wondering if it was worth the cost of just getting a new case made that looks like one instead of paying the price for a case that I'd have to destroy to make work.

13 minutes ago, Shtrdthrd said:

I had one back in the day and love the look. But as you say they are getting valuable. I started this just because I was wondering if it was worth the cost of just getting a new case made that looks like one instead of paying the price for a case that I'd have to destroy to make work.

hmm well probably pros and cons to both. one you need a 3d printer, to need to no how to make the case and print it 3 can use the printer to do there stiff posably make moeny...

buying the old case probably feels and most likely look better unless you got godly 3d printing skills. i seen people make amazing things not just with 3d printers like an glass game cube... not only that you would have to original switches, buttons and thing to use vs 3d printing it.

another thing would you not need the original case to copy it? or can you choppy it with a pic of it?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

28 minutes ago, tkitch said:

those old cases were thick-ass steel and weighed a TON

ya i had an old hp pavilion desktop and when to lift it and was like nop. also had an old i think dell p2 i got from school., my dad help me oc it with 1 jumper... still was crap but it was $20... and i used it to play diablo 2 as an xfer account.

dell-optiplex-gx1-windows-98-intel_1_4e9