R9 5900x temps too high?

Hello comunity, i ask for help because i think my ryzen 9 5900x has too high temperatures while playing need for speed heat

its running on 1080p ultra at 83 degrees celsius (with noctua nh d15s with noctua nt h1 thermal paste)

the temps are too high for this game right ? other titles like rocket league gets 50 to 55 degrees or pc building simulator same temps.

what do you think ?

pc specs:

cpu: r9 5900x

cpu cooler: NH d15s

GPU: msi gaming x trio 3060ti 8gb

mother: b550 aorus master

ram: trident z 3200mhz 16 x2 (32gb total)

psu: corsair rm 750 plus gold

case: corsair 4000D airflow

Without CPU usage and power draw during all those games, we couldn't really tell you what's happening. That being said, with a well ventilated case and a NH-D15 under very high loads, 80+c isn't unheard of but again we don't know what the load looks like for that game. 

You're playing at 1080p so that's putting more of a load on the CPU.

My 5900X cooled with a Scythe Fuma 2 in the Phanteks P300A with all fan locations populated usually sits in the 55-65C range when gaming, sometimes going as high as 75C. However, in the summer, temps can easily climb into the 80C+ range. If the room is warm, I wouldn't be surprised by those temps.

Another important thing to ask is, are you using PBO? In that case, temps in the 80s is certainly possible.

5 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

My 5900X cooled with a Scythe Fuma 2 in the Phanteks P300A with all fan locations populated usually sits in the 55-65C range when gaming, sometimes going as high as 75C. However, in the summer, temps can easily climb into the 80C+ range. If the room is warm, I wouldn't be surprised by those temps.

Another important thing to ask is, are you using PBO? In that case, temps in the 80s is certainly possible.

the room where my pc is is quite hot. there is no air conditioner.

and here on argentina is summer time .

im using the cpu on default ( im not sure if its in pbo mode by default)

the ram profine is xmp to 3200mhs,

83 degrees on gaming is safe?  ( need for speed heat is really bad optimized)

with no much usage is running not  far from a benchmark like cinebench.

2 minutes ago, Nicolas Bossus said:

the room where my pc is is quite hot. there is no air conditioner.

and here on argentina is summer time .

im using the cpu on default ( im not sure if its in pbo mode by default)

the ram profine is xmp to 3200mhs,

83 degrees on gaming is safe?  ( need for speed heat is really bad optimized)

with no much usage is running not  far from a benchmark like cinebench.

If it's hot in your room because it's summer time and you don't have AC, then I wouldn't be too worried. The air in the room is what is cooling the fins on the heatsink, so if the air in the room is hot, then the temperatures will be higher. The same thing happened to me when it was summer here because I also don't have air conditioning.

PBO should be off by default.

On AMD's website, it lists the TJMax (max operating temperature) as 90C. You're still 7C away from that. 83C is warm, sure, but it won't hurt the CPU.

4 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

If it's hot in your room because it's summer time and you don't have AC, then I wouldn't be too worried. The air in the room is what is cooling the fins on the heatsink, so if the air in the room is hot, then the temperatures will be higher. The same thing happened to me when it was summer here because I also don't have air conditioning.

PBO should be off by default.

On AMD's website, it lists the TJMax (max operating temperature) as 90C. You're still 7C away from that. 83C is warm, sure, but it won't hurt the CPU.

another detail if i run need for speed heat at high (or very highg) instead of utlra, the game goes down to 77 degrees. so ultra quality some times its stupid.

yet it concerns me that it run too hot for a game.

so, i hope these temps arent gona hurt my cpu for many years to come.

Just now, Nicolas Bossus said:

another detail if i run need for speed heat at high (or very highg) instead of utlra, the game goes down to 77 degrees. so ultra quality some times its stupid.

yet it concerns me that it run too hot for a game.

so, i hope these temps arent gona hurt my cpu for many years to come.

Don’t think about it being too hot for a game, just what the temp is in relation to the usage and power being used. It may correlate perfectly but right now we just don’t know those stats. 

1 hour ago, YoungBlade said:

i entered my mobo bios and changed pbo to advanced then pbo limits to motherboard,

and throtle limit to 75 and now im running nfs heat at 77 degrees maximum on ultra.

seems that did the trick.

i followed this video tutorial

so what do you guys think? this is safe and recomended to apply ? ( i already did that but still i wanna know what you guys think)