Masive PC Issues

AwesomeBFM

So, I have a pretty nice PC, Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 GB of ram, 1660 Super, not insane but certainly nothing that would freeze when preforming background tasks. I started to notice after using my PC for about an hour that it was really slow, like really, really slow. I tried to open Firefox and it took at least 15 seconds. My first reaction was as it should be, restart the computer, once the PC was booted up, I imminently tried to open task manager to see what the issue was, but it was so slow it kept crashing. I restarted again, and again, and again, to no avail, still impossibly slow and still not able to open stupid task manager. I even shut down then unplugged my pc for 10 mins just to make sure things were truly dead. At one point I was able to open task manager just to see that CPU was at 100% while the whole system was idle but when I tried to find out what program was causing this (at this point I thought I might have installed a virus) task manager just stopped working. If someone could please help, at this point I am considering a clean Windows install but I would really like to not lose all my files.

Also, the fans do get very loud when this is happening, I rarely hear them get this loud even when running games or compiling large graphics projects.

do another full shutdown like you did before to get into task manager, and try to find out what's causing it to peg 100% usage at idle. that shouldn't be happening. if you can't get into task manager long enough to check, try a bios reset by unplugging the system and pulling the cmos battery and see if that helps. once you find out why it's pegged at 100% you'll have a lot easier time solving your issue.

2 minutes ago, Shimo Okami said:

do another full shutdown like you did before to get into task manager, and try to find out what's causing it to peg 100% usage at idle. that shouldn't be happening. if you can't get into task manager long enough to check, try a bios reset by unplugging the system and pulling the cmos battery and see if that helps. once you find out why it's pegged at 100% you'll have a lot easier time solving your issue.

Ok, thank you for the suggestions I will give them a try, it might be hard to get task manager to load in but I will definitely try the bios reset.

You might want to boot into boot into safe mode and run an anti-virus scan with melwarwbytes. Also you can look at your startup tasks in task manager while you are at it and try and get rid of any startup programs that are unnecessary. I know alot of programs will automatically set itself as a startup program when downloaded.