What soundbar to get for a small apartment?

DeepWolf413
Go to solution Solved by DeepWolf413,

I went with the Sonos Beam Gen 2. I will just tell the neighbours to tell me if they hear anything聽馃憤 Thanks.

Hi, I've been looking for a soundbar to get, but I need some help because I can't decide.聽I'm also worried about getting a soundbar with a subwoofer because of neighbours.聽The neighbours are mostly elders, so I don't want to disturb the piece with an earthquake.

Main activities:聽Streaming Netflix, and HBO Max.

My TV: SamsungQE55Q6FNAT

Budget:聽$600

Soundbars I've come across:

• Samsung HW-Q810A/XE (currently on discount for $600, but it's got a subwoofer though, and very low stock)
  • Sonos Beam Gen 2 (I haven't got any IOS device to setup with TruePlay. However I have read it has automatic TruePlay, is that sufficient enough?)
  • Samsung HW-Q70R/ZF ATMOS (currently on discount for $450, and very low stock)

About the apartment:

The apartment is on the 1st floor. There's nothing below my apartment, meaning below me is nothing but a small outside corridor that has stairs going up to the 1st floor. So I have no neighbours below me. I do however have neighbours above me, and to both sides.

The apartment is basically and upside-down T shape when not counting the rooms with doors. So from the upside-down T perspective, the living room will be on the bottom right side.

Here's a very basic sketch of the layout, not at all accurate with the space between the furnitures but you get the idea.

sketch1641445960778.thumb.png.c793a7928b25828a1110b81aa4142c7c.png

I would've taken a pic but I haven't moved in yet.

The living room will be in a space of about 4x4 meters.

17 hours ago, IPD said:

Well it's not ideal, but given the constraints...perhaps a butt-shaker is in order?

https://www.amazon.com/ButtKicker-BK-LFE-Frequency-Effects-System/dp/B0007P98K6

17 hours ago, IPD said:

I guess the technical term is "Tactile Transducer".聽

https://www.amazon.com/Clark-Synthesis-TST209-Tactile-Transducer/dp/B002IFEGNC

Hi, thank you for the suggestions!

I'll look into it.

I might only get a soundbar though. I have been looking towards getting the Sonos Beam Gen 2, because then I can expand it with a sub if I sometime in the future figure something out.

Keep in mind that if you get anything ATMOS with a soundbar, it is going to aim sound at the ceiling--which is where your neighbors are.

I went with the Sonos Beam Gen 2. I will just tell the neighbours to tell me if they hear anything聽馃憤 Thanks.