Is the Asrock RX6900 XT Phantom Gaming 16GB OC any good?

mehtaman
Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

The difference between the best and worst card in any series these days is usually less than 5%. Noise and thermals are the only real difference.

However, in this market, if you found a price you're happy with for a card you want, you shouldn't be picky. It's a sellers market. Who knows if a better card will materialize at that price?

However, since you already have a decent card, I wouldn't recommend overpaying unless you really need it. The crypto boom can't last forever, and it would suck to overpay by 50% only for the price to tank later this year, unless you have to upgrade now.

Saw a RX6900 come up for sale here:

https://www.it-me-up.co.uk/asrock-rx6900-xt-phantom-gaming-d-16g-oc-16gb-ddr6-pcie4-hdmi-3-dp-2340mhz-clock-rgb-lighting-overclocked

Just wondering if it's any good compared to other cards on the market.

Thanks

Current RIG:

Motherboard:    ROG Crosshair VIII Impact
CPU:            AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @4.4GHz
RAM:            32GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z
M.2:            1TB Western Digital Black
GPU:            16GB Asrock 7800XT OC
Case:           Fractal Design Define Mini C
Cooler:         Corsair H115i Platinum
PSU:            Corsair CS850M

1 hour ago, mehtaman said:

Saw a RX6900 come up for sale here:

https://www.it-me-up.co.uk/asrock-rx6900-xt-phantom-gaming-d-16g-oc-16gb-ddr6-pcie4-hdmi-3-dp-2340mhz-clock-rgb-lighting-overclocked

Just wondering if it's any good compared to other cards on the market.

Thanks

It will perform as well as any other 6900XT card. Although there are differences between different brands (Sapphire, PowerColor, etc) most will perform more or less the same. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

I believe it's one of the worst ones. I'd take the reference one over this one. It's actually suprisingly high quality and very quiet (I own one).

Otherwise, any Sapphire model, or the XFX 319 Merc are good choices.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The difference between the best and worst card in any series these days is usually less than 5%. Noise and thermals are the only real difference.

However, in this market, if you found a price you're happy with for a card you want, you shouldn't be picky. It's a sellers market. Who knows if a better card will materialize at that price?

However, since you already have a decent card, I wouldn't recommend overpaying unless you really need it. The crypto boom can't last forever, and it would suck to overpay by 50% only for the price to tank later this year, unless you have to upgrade now.