How do you memorize?

Cysiuu

Hi

I'm quite intrested in that , how do you memorize what you read and how you do learn diffrent things? Do you have special methods or you just re-read something to keep it in long-term memory?

Thanks for all answers

Repetition works for me but I hate it and it usually doesn't last. For me to truly remember something I learned it needs to be either very interesting to me in that moment or immediately useful; in that case I can retain it for years without much work.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 hours ago, Cysiuu said:

how do you memorize

For me at least, doing stuff practically helps. So for example an experiment for Science. I usually won't remember stuff about that until I've done that practically. Or that I've understood that concept. I could try reading it 20 times over and still not be able to recall a word the next day.

6 hours ago, Cysiuu said:

how you do learn diffrent things

Practical again. Getting a book on Python to learn will be really boring, at least for me, and I'll probably just give up on that. Come up with some fun ideas and start working on that, get help where you get stuck, and I get better with that.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

I agree with @RockSolid1106 , I learn by doing. 

Im learning Web Design, and I haven't yet finished the course, but I'm happy to say, less than a year later I'm an amateur programmer, ready to expand my knowledge as I continue.

Whatever you're trying to learn, determination is key. Believe in yourself, don't give up.

If my post helped you please hit the "Solved" button below ✅

5 hours ago, RockSolid1106 said:

For me at least, doing stuff practically helps. So for example an experiment for Science. I usually won't remember stuff about that until I've done that practically. Or that I've understood that concept. I could try reading it 20 times over and still not be able to recall a word the next day.

Practical again. Getting a book on Python to learn will be really boring, at least for me, and I'll probably just give up on that. Come up with some fun ideas and start working on that, get help where you get stuck, and I get better with that.

Same

For me it's a lot of learn by doing. And being given multiple examples to test my way towards the right result.

Figuring out why 2+2 = 4 instead of just knowing that 2+2 = 4.

Edit: And after that, I just repeat, repeat, repeat.

It really depends on the subject and if I'm actually interested vs forced to do it for school.

• World languages - repetition, only taking the course so I can actually graduate
  • Natural/human sciences - I try to find mnemonics or a song, otherwise I just read articles
  • Speeches - ew also pure repetition
  • Maths - practise? though I still mostly hate it
  • Physical procedure like assembly of something - I just do it a few times then I'm usually fine

My motivation behind learning vs just memorise and regurgitate are very different...

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

Write it down. I basically did my entire Masters' degree by rewriting the textbook in my own words.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

• 4 months later...

For me, usually just doing it or reading it a lot - though this isn't always necessary. I've barely played most of the Pokemon games and I've never looked at a chart, but I can - without fail - rattle off every single Pokemon generation's associated games, legendaries, and evil team's name. I also know most of the Mythicals.

elephants