Xbox 360 controller disconnecting after 30 seconds

AdvocateOfNyx

Hi, I was recently gifted a used Xbox 360 wireless racing wheel from someone I knew who sold their 360 a long time ago and was keeping it in storage in case it was worth something.  After I expressed interest in it, they told me I could just go ahead and take it home.  I bought an adapter on ebay for $25, one of those generic 360 adapters, and seem to have avoided the common issue of Windows not recognizing the device and not providing it a driver.  Maybe it's because I'm on Windows 11.  Anyways, I managed to connect it a few times but each time after around 30 seconds it disconnects for seemingly no reason from the adapter.  The adapter is still on and detected in Windows, but the controller loses connection to the adaptor. 

I have a video of it, but it's like 2.5 minutes long and it doesn't really show anything I can't describe.  Basically, I pair them, it works for 30 seconds, and then it disconnects and goes back to blinking green.  Anyone have any idea how to fix this?  Thank you!

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

I used to have one of these and all I can say is it worked fine on Win10 with the official Microsoft adapter. Can't speak for Win11 or any generic dongles. 

Always felt it was an underrated device and that more peripheral makers should have explored the concept, it's a nice compromise between a gamepad and the bulky impracticality of a traditional wheel and pedal setup for arcade racing games, heck I even played the original Project CARS with it happily. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 12/30/2021 at 10:39 PM, Middcore said:

I used to have one of these and all I can say is it worked fine on Win10 with the official Microsoft adapter. Can't speak for Win11 or any generic dongles. 

Always felt it was an underrated device and that more peripheral makers should have explored the concept, it's a nice compromise between a gamepad and the bulky impracticality of a traditional wheel and pedal setup for arcade racing games, heck I even played the original Project CARS with it happily. 

Gonna go ahead and add the video to this topic since it hasn't generated much traction.  Maybe it will help someone identify the issue.  I managed to edit it down to just one minute.  It's still processing at the time of writing this comment, but it shouldn't be much longer.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

I just realized what I had was the Wireless Speed Wheel, which is a different peripheral. So I'm no help at all. Sorry. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Middcore said:

I just realized what I had was the Wireless Speed Wheel, which is a different peripheral. So I'm no help at all. Sorry. 

No biggie!  I know it's pretty confusing, when I first started Googling it and searching on forums, I was mixing up the two a lot.  Totally understand.