Motherboard BIOS & CPU compatibility

Brettyboo

Budget (including currency): $650

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Music Production

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): This would be a completely new build, which is where the problem comes. With the pcpartpicker list (https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Brettyboo/saved/#view=nCpjHx) saying that the motherboard would need a BIOS update if the board wasn't on the newest version. I don't have another CPU to update it. My question is, how could I use the CPU that I've chosen with the motherboard? Or would I have to choose a completely different motherboard? Any recommendations of other parts changes are welcome as well. 

Permission denied for the PCPP list. 

Either way, if it’s a B550 board, by this point it’s likely that the BIOS it ships with is up to date. That was an issue we had a year ago. That being said, buying a board with USB BIOS flashback capability is always smart so you can flash without a CPU. 

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Permission denied

I think  I fixed it, if you wouldn't mind looking at it again

2 minutes ago, Brettyboo said:

I think  I fixed it, if you wouldn't mind looking at it again

See my last post about B550. That board does not have USB flash capability. So.. its a gamble and up to you.