A question concerning the Sennhieser Hd558 vs ROCCAT Kave 5.1s

LTSCOTT

I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if this is in the wrong category. Lately a friend has been EXTREMELY pushy about getting the ROCCAT kave 5.1 surround sound headset which they seem extremely nice however I have my eyes set on the 558s because I want a great set of headphones for general use such has music, movies, audio/video editing/ gaming which from my research they are perfect for so my question is has anyone used both of these and if so what are your thoughts or would you have any other recommendations?

Surround sound software can be used for any headphone, if you're really into it (and you don't need it, not even in gaming) then you could still use it with the Sennheiser HD558s.

Which are just more comfortable and have better sound quality. You'll love them.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

558s

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Thanks everyone. I can live without surround sound since the most important thing is sound quality which is what the Sennhieser delivers. I have had plenty of gaming headsets and I'm just ready to get a great pair of headphones since I primarily use my desktop mic for communication which probably is a lot better than the ones attached to headsets. Thanks Again.

hugz.jpg

I have the roccat kave 5.1 phones and while they do sound decent, they're really quite big and heavy on me personally. The bass is somewhat lacking in my opinion, and the surround isn't anything spectacular but it does work. I prefer my basic logitech 5.1 speakers for that though. (also, there's a strange sort of  'deadzone' when sounds are transferring from the front to rear drivers or vice versa, which irritates me.)

The build quality is really nice though, I've been using them occasionally for I think a couple of years now with only minor signs of wear & tear to show for it.

That's just my personal experience with them, hope it helps somehow =3