New Monitor Question

IKWeb

Hello All

I am more of a software guy by trade, and my hardware skills are not so good. (its something I have never needed) I am looking to get a new PC monitor for my desk as I was given an XBOX X for Christmas.

My current unit is an LG 34UC99-W which has served me well over the past 3 to 4 years. But when the new Xbox X is connected I assume it's not going to run at its full potential for graphics etc.

So rather than a new TV, I am looking to get a new monitor.

I use the monitor for work, and having a 34" unit is good for work, so if possible I don't want to go down in size. More than happy to go up if needed. (my PC connects via DP - I have a GTX 1070Ti)

Now I need to get it from a company in the UK called ao.com as I have a warranty voucher from them it saves me dipping into my savings to buy this new monitor.

As mentioned above my knowledge on Monitor hardware is limited, so the link below is to the Monitor section on ao.com and I would welcome feedback on which unit would be a good match for an Xbox while keeping good all-around functionality for when I am working.

https://ao.com/l/monitors/1/250-257-258/?mmref=computing%7Cmonitors_projectors%7CMonitors%7C2_4_1

I Don't think I have missed anything, but if I have please comment below and I will reply. Don't really have a budget in mind, so more than happy to look at all options.

Many Thanks 

Just now, Ja2016 said:

Pretty sure the max 

It's not 4k though, do you want 4k op?

If it's the Xbox One X, then I don't really recommend using a 4k monitor, the console isn't powerful enough for that resolution and the games will bad. It's better to go with a 1080p display. If it's a Xbox Series X, then yeah, go for a 4K display.

The 9S6-3DB25T-006 | MSI Gaming Monitor | ao.com seems like the best option available in this store. But i didn't find any reviews from the typical sources like Hardware Unboxed or RTINGS yet.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Thank you all - I am looking at the above 2 now. The MSI is looking like the best one as I get to keep the large screen size which I find great when it comes to using excel files etc.