Need help setting up a group of VR headsets

I dunno if Peripherals is the correct subforum to post this under, but I searched and saw other VR posts here, so if this is the wrong place, let me know.

The company one of my family members work for has bought 5 Oculus Quest 2's that they want to use for community events and online meetups, I suppose. However, it appears that they have no clue how to actually get them set up and didn't know about the facebook account requirement before purchasing them. They thought they'd just be able to make one account and share it across all the headsets, but it seems they wouldn't be able to play online with each other if they do that.

I've been told there's a more business oriented version of the headsets you can buy, but that doesn't really help because they've already purchased 5 regular consumer model quest 2's. I guess what I'm really asking is what the best way to go about setting up these headsets would be. Do they just have to make 5 facebook accounts to tie to each of the headsets so they can play together? Is there any risk of those accounts getting banned and bricking the headset since there's no actual person tied to them? Any help or info would be appreciated, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Jack0f5pades said:

share it across all the headsets, but it seems they wouldn't be able to play online with each other if they do that.

Correct

Do they just have to make 5 facebook accounts to tie to each of the headsets so they can play together?

Yes

Is there any risk of those accounts getting banned and bricking the headset since there's no actual person tied to them?

No

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/l66lvc/when_a_facebook_account_is_banned_is_quest_2/

Sorry 😞

Accounts getting banned is very much possible, the headset can always be reused with another though. But yeah that would be a pain and all purchases made with that account would be lost. Talking of purchases, any paid app all 5 should use together would have to be purchased 5 times.

Would recommend returning them and seeing about the professional version intended for that.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Accounts getting banned is very much possible, the headset can always be reused with another though. But yeah that would be a pain and all purchases made with that account would be lost. Talking of purchases, any paid app all 5 should use together would have to be purchased 5 times.

Would recommend returning them and seeing about the professional version intended for that.

Seems like I need to have a talk with them about what to do going forward. Thanks

All of this has been said already, but to summarize. Yes the Meta Quest 2 requires a personal Facebook account to be used.

While a fake account could be created, that is against Facebooks Policy and the account can be deleted and the software bought on and linked to the account would be gone.

21 minutes ago, Dreckssackblase said:

All of this has been said already, but to summarize. Yes the Meta Quest 2 requires a personal Facebook account to be used.

While a fake account could be created, that is against Facebooks Policy and the account can be deleted and the software bought on and linked to the account would be gone.

Yeah, we considered that option. It's all fine and dandy for a private individual to do that, but after having a talk, we decided that a community hub set up by a University probably shouldn't be breaking Facebook's TOS. We also looked at the business version of the quest 2, but it's three times as expensive and doesn't have access to the app store, so they'd be unable to do pretty much everything they want to do. 

At this point, it's looking like the only option would be to either drop this whole endeavor entirely and return the quests, or refund the quests and drop dozens of thousands of dollars on 5 full VR ready HTC vive + PC setups. Which I could do, but it would be expensive and a hassle.

2 minutes ago, Jack0f5pades said:

It's all fine and dandy for a private individual to do that, but after having a talk, we decided that a community hub set up by a University probably shouldn't be breaking Facebook's TOS.

I wouldn't even be too sure about that, as I have heard plenty of complaints from Quest 2 Game Devs that they have to force their employees to all use their personal Facebook accounts to be within the ToS. So even Developers have to use personal accounts and can't just use a business mail address.