What happens if I reset bios with Windows 11 installed?

AdvocateOfNyx
Go to solution Solved by Hewie,

As far as im aware it should be fine unless you have bitlocker drive encryption.

If you do, just keep the backup key and it should be ok!

Because Windows 11 requires TPM and secure boot to be enabled which are not default BIOS settings on my motherboard, what would happen if I reset the BIOS by either failing to boot 3 times or removing the CMOS battery?  My guess is Windows would just give me an error and not let me sign in, but I'm curious as to if anyone actually knows for sure what would happen.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

unless bitlocker is on, nothing.

you can even install it without the tpm or secureboot (or even uefi) without issue with some regestry edits

edit:

unless you play valorant.

ive had to reset my cmos and valorant has not worked becasue it enforces those tpm/secureboot requirements

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

unless bitlocker is on, nothing.

you can even install it without the tpm or secureboot (or even uefi) without issue with some regestry edits

edit:

unless you play valorant.

ive had to reset my cmos and valorant has not worked becasue it enforces those tpm/secureboot requirements

I actually do play Valorant so this is good information to know!

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

37 minutes ago, AdvocateOfNyx said:

I actually do play Valorant so this is good information to know!

you're walcome!

just turn them on when you go to turn on xmp after a cmos clear and youd be fine

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler