Can't install Windows 11 on PC not sure why?

Anteas99

Just looking for any tips into why Windows 11 won't install in my PC and any possible solution? So my PC is 2.5 years old. specs below:

CPU: i9 7980xe @ 4.5Ghz all core

Memory: Corsair Dominator 64GB (8x8GB 3600mhz)

Motherboard: Asus WS X299 Pro

GPU: RTX 2080 TI

Primary Boot Drive (Windows 10 Pro): Samsung 970 Pro 1tb

2nd Boot Drive (Ubuntu): Samsung 970 Pro 512Gb

Extra Storage: 4x1TB Scandisk Ultra II SSDs

Cooling: Water cooled with Corsair Hydro X and 2x360mm Rads

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic

Spent a lot of money on the PC as you can tell when I built it, so really don't want to change anything as it was built to last me a while. The issue I am having is Windows PC Health Check says windows 11 won't install because TPM module not detected. Asus states the motherboard is compatible on their windows 11 compatibility site. I've enabled TPM via the bios via the way ASUS says how to do it on their site, (its emulated TPM I believe not hardware). Bios has been updated to latest version. I initially thought it was the CPU being 7th gen, but Microsoft recently said Skylake-x CPUs including mine are now supported. 

Only solution I think is to buy a TPM 2.0 module and install it in the TPM slot on the motherboard, unless any one else has any better ideas? Or just stick with windows 10 for the time being. Although I have ubuntu installed I am primarily a windows user.

Thanks in advance.

Is secure boot enabled in BIOS? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Is secure boot enabled in BIOS? 

This is what did it for me.  I ran the health check and it said that everything was good, but when I ran the installer, it told me my PC was not compatible.  Just had to enable secure boot and it worked perfectly.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

Just now, AdvocateOfNyx said:

This is what did it for me.  I ran the health check and it said that everything was good, but when I ran the installer, it told me my PC was not compatible.  Just had to enable secure boot and it worked perfectly.

Great! Glad I can help. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Great! Glad I can help. 

I'm not op!  Just sharing that this was the issue I had a little while ago installing the OS.  But yeah that was a great tip I hope it can help OP.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

2 minutes ago, AdvocateOfNyx said:

I'm not op!  Just sharing that this was the issue I had a little while ago installing the OS.  But yeah that was a great tip I hope it can help OP.

Facepalm moment. I don't know why I thought you were the OP for a second. Lol

To add:

If you do not see Secure Boot option, then it is because you set your UEFI to be in BIOS emulation mode, or you have CSM (compatibility Support Module) enabled.

Please note that if either option is wrong, then most likely your drive with Windows boot loader is formatted as MBR. UEFI (with CSM mode disabled) can only interact with drives formatted as GPT. The drive would need to converted, or Windows (or whatever OS you have), will need to be re-installed as teh drive would be to be formatted correctly.

Windows 10 has a tool to help you convert called: mbr2gpt. You'll need to run it via Command Prompt of Windows (as Administrator), before switching the option in your UEFI (naturally, as the UEFI won't  find the OS. Don't worry you can go back in teh UEFI and switch it back, and now it will work again).

Guide: