Sharing internet connection wirelessly

Battousai1

Hi guys, I will be sharing the my internet connection with my neighbor wirelessly instead of using a cable (my initial plan is to connect a LAN cable from my router/modem all the way to their router's WAN port) but I realized connecting wirelessly is more convenient, no more cables and no more drilling on to walls.

I have tried connecting my neighbor's wifi router to my wireless router/modem using "universal repeater" mode, basically, the way I understand this is that the neighbor's router is connecting and getting its internet connection wirelessly from my router/modem, then all users from their house will connect to their router (they will not be connecting to my router/modem).

I come across another mode which is "WISP", what is the difference of this mode from the "universal repeater" mode? I tried doing some reading and it says that this is a more secure way of sharing internet connection by setting up a totally separate network? So does it mean that in "universal repeater" mode my neighbor can also access the devices connected to my router/modem?