Viotek Monitor Bugging Out

Stlerfn

Hello, I have recently been dealing with an issue with my VIOTEK 27 Inch 1440p monitor. The specific monitor is the VIOTEK GFV27DAB. The issue I have been dealing with is that if I leave it off (either in power saving mode or completely unplugged) for some time, when I go to use it again, it will pop up with horrible vertical and horizontal lines. The issue has been fixing itself after a few minutes, but its starting to happen with being off for a shorter amount of time and is taking longer to go away. I fear one day it wont fix itself at all. I will attach images of what's happening. The monitor was purchased in September of 2020, so it is not old. Any one have any idea of what's happening or if it can be fixed?

EDIT: This started over the summer and used to happen if its off for several days. It is now happening after leaving it off for less than 20 hours.

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

19 minutes ago, Stlerfn said:

Hello, I have recently been dealing with an issue with my VIOTEK 27 Inch 1440p monitor. The specific monitor is the VIOTEK GFV27DAB. The issue I have been dealing with is that if I leave it off (either in power saving mode or completely unplugged) for some time, when I go to use it again, it will pop up with horrible vertical and horizontal lines. The issue has been fixing itself after a few minutes, but its starting to happen with being off for a shorter amount of time and is taking longer to go away. I fear one day it wont fix itself at all. I will attach images of what's happening. The monitor was purchased in September of 2020, so it is not old. Any one have any idea of what's happening or if it can be fixed?

EDIT: This started over the summer and used to happen if its off for several days. It is now happening after leaving it off for less than 20 hours.

Image 1.jpg

Image 2.jpg

No idea what's happening, but there's an easy way to test if it's the monitor: connect the monitor to another device, or connect your PC to another monitor.

• If the lines occur when another monitor is connected to your PC, chances are your GPU is the problem.
  • If the lines occur when another device is connected to the monitor, chances are the monitor is the problem.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 minutes ago, kirashi said:

No idea what's happening, but there's an easy way to test if it's the monitor: connect the monitor to another device, or connect your PC to another monitor.

• If the lines occur when another monitor is connected to your PC, chances are your GPU is the problem.
  • If the lines occur when another device is connected to the monitor, chances are the monitor is the problem.

I have a second monitor that has never had this issue, would that indicate that its not the GPU? Also, thanks for the input.

Just now, Stlerfn said:

I have a second monitor that has never had this issue, would that indicate that its not the GPU? Also, thanks for the input.

Pretty good chance that it's not the GPU if only this monitor is acting up. You could indeed confirm it by connecting the problem monitor to the same output on your video card, just in case there's a really slim chance of a one-off anomaly with one of your video card outputs. 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

16 hours ago, kirashi said:

Pretty good chance that it's not the GPU if only this monitor is acting up. You could indeed confirm it by connecting the problem monitor to the same output on your video card, just in case there's a really slim chance of a one-off anomaly with one of your video card outputs. 

I tested it and its definitely the monitor. Today it was very bad, it occurred after being in power saving for less than 12 hours and took 10 minutes to fix itself, it usually only take 1-2 minutes. Guess I need to look for a new one.

• 11 months later...

I just started having the exact same issue, the lines are appearing in a similar place and I’ve tried multiple different display cables as well as multiple computers. The issue persists, it’s definitely the monitor but I can’t find anyone else that has the issue. I’ve tried reaching out to Viotek as well. 

• 10 months later...

I have a Viotek GN27DB which is rated @ 1440p 144Hz, but switching to a lower refresh rate, completely eliminated the issue.

@Stlerfn