Will a320m hdv r4.0 work with Ryzen 5 1600AF without BIOS update

Xonxy123

Will a320m hdv r4.0 work with Ryzen 5 1600AF without BIOS update?

The CPU compatibily list shows 1600 AF here :

AM4*	Ryzen 51600(YD1600BBM6IAF)	65W	Pinnacle Ridge	3.2GHz	3MB	B2	P3.70

So you need at least version 3.70 to get it working.

If you check the BIOS download page, you'll see version P3.70 was released in 27th of November 2019, so basically more than 2 years ago: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/a320m-hdv r4.0/index.asp#BIOS

So if you buy a NEW motherboard, chances are high it will come with a newer BIOS.

In general, you can estimate 1-2 months between distributor got the shipping container and the moment it's sold to you in the store, and maybe 1-3 months between when it's shipped from Asia and it gets to local distributor ... so > 4-5 months old bios would not be uncommon. But 2 years old bios would be quite uncommon.

You can also expect a motherboard manufacturer to only program a new bios on motherboards at least a few weeks after it's made available on the website, just in case there's some serious bug in the bios and they have to quickly release a new beta version of the bios

Most likely, the board would come with version 4.0, which was released in 2020/07/29

If it helps, I just got a Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro-P last week, and it came with Bios F12, which was released on the 18th of January 2021, so basically ONE year old.

BUT, the next bios F13 was released on 2021/07/13 - so only  4-5 months since then, and it's understandable it wasn't shipped with it for the reasons above. Also, the newer bios only adds support for 5000 series processors with integrated graphics and the motherboard has bios flashback, so it's possible they're more conservative with the default bios.

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The CPU compatibily list shows 1600 AF here :

AM4*	Ryzen 51600(YD1600BBM6IAF)	65W	Pinnacle Ridge	3.2GHz	3MB	B2	P3.70

So you need at least version 3.70 to get it working.

If you check the BIOS download page, you'll see version P3.70 was released in 27th of November 2019, so basically more than 2 years ago: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/a320m-hdv r4.0/index.asp#BIOS

So if you buy a NEW motherboard, chances are high it will come with a newer BIOS.

In general, you can estimate 1-2 months between distributor got the shipping container and the moment it's sold to you in the store, and maybe 1-3 months between when it's shipped from Asia and it gets to local distributor ... so > 4-5 months old bios would not be uncommon. But 2 years old bios would be quite uncommon.

You can also expect a motherboard manufacturer to only program a new bios on motherboards at least a few weeks after it's made available on the website, just in case there's some serious bug in the bios and they have to quickly release a new beta version of the bios

Most likely, the board would come with version 4.0, which was released in 2020/07/29

If it helps, I just got a Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro-P last week, and it came with Bios F12, which was released on the 18th of January 2021, so basically ONE year old.

BUT, the next bios F13 was released on 2021/07/13 - so only  4-5 months since then, and it's understandable it wasn't shipped with it for the reasons above. Also, the newer bios only adds support for 5000 series processors with integrated graphics and the motherboard has bios flashback, so it's possible they're more conservative with the default bios.

Ty very much u helped alot so i can expect that that motherboard will accept 1600AF right out box?

Ps.i bought motherboard brand New from shop with 32monts warrnity

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It's like I wasted my time explaining in detail my thinking... read again what I wrote and draw your conclusion.

It will generally support