Linux Mint and USB Installation

I am looking into doing a install of the Linux Mint 64-Bit MATE but I don't have any CD's/DVD's on hand with which to install the ISO. I know that it can be done with a USB drive but the website provides no further information on how to do so. I was wondering if anyone could guide me through the process as long as it isn't to complex or if I should just go run out and buy some CD's/DVD's to do it with and to have on hand. I have some experience already doing it the ISO method. Thanks!

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

I use rufus to do make live usb's on windows, It's actually had a 100% success rate for me.

It's easy as balls, you'll figure it out ;)

If by some odd chance rufus doesn't work, give win32diskimager a try.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

@Musikman

THe easiest way in my experience is to use a tool called YUMI to make the USB stick bootable.  Step by step instructions below.

1. Go here and download the YUMI program. http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

2. Wait for the download to finish, and then launch the program (you will need a windows computer to do so. OSX does no work iirc. Can personally guarantee that most or all windows NT based will run it.)

3. Once launched, select I agree.

4. Now select your USB stick (should be E if you have a Single HDD partition and a single DVD drive).

5. Select Linux Mint 32/64 from the list. It is right below all the Ubuntu versions.

6. Select the iso location by selecting browse at the bottom. The location will be where you downloaded it.

7. Hit create and wait for the tool to do its job.

8. Reboot with the usb stick in and select it as the boot location.

The 2 above are good options also, but I fine YUMI to be the easiest tool to use. Much like WMC vs Itunes, it is just personal choice.

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?).