My CPU fan goes brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

masckmaster

I cannot use my laptop because the fan has a sound that will kill my ear.

HARDWARE: Lenovo ThinkPad W530. Showed me a fan error, then tried to remove dust and came here.

VIDEO as i cannot explain how it sounds like :https://dimisaio.6te.net/trim.FB3ABA6B-B662-4745-AD93-49523F42B9ED.MOV

Please help me as the processor that has is really good !

Needing help

Also this video is hosted on my own website by the way

Open the back cover and give the fan a little wiggle. Seems it's touching some surface. If that doesn't fix it, you'd probably have to get a spare part.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

9 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Open the back cover and give the fan a little wiggle

How do i do it. English is not my primary language

2 minutes ago, masckmaster said:

How do i do it. English is not my primary language

I feel this laptop is a bit difficult to teardown. I'd suggest getting this done from a repair shop or someone who knows about this stuff. Though, if you're confident enough, you can follow some teardowns yourself.

Here's a teardown video I found with a quick google search:

When you get to the point where you have access to the fan(this:)

Spoiler

image.png.1f4959050c57a0d0cd882fd91006ab33.png

you can wiggle it(the black part in the center) slightly. Then turn the laptop ON to see if the noise still persists.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide