Ryzen 5700G systen wont boot (No POST)

No_Cherry6873

I've just built my first PC. It's running a Ryzen 5700G with 16GB Crucial Ballistix RAM in a Gigabyte A520i AC motherboard. I've flashed the most up-to-date BIOS via usb but I can't get the system to POST and display the BIOS.

The first time I flashed the new BIOS, everything was plugged in. It wouldnt boot so I disessmebled the system and flashed without anything plugged in (Just 24 pin and 8pin power). Still nothing...

Both times I waited until the LED stopped flashing and then gave it an extra 10 minutes.

I've tried re-seating my RAM and booting without it but nothing. I have also tried clearing the CMOS but that hasn't helped either.

The power LED is on and the CPU fan is spinning.

Any tips?

I'm having the exact same problem with an ASUS B550M-PLUS and a 2x16GB RAM. Did everything that was humanly possible to try and fix it, but it didn't work. Does your board have QLEDs? Mine are always indicating a DRAM problem.

18 minutes ago, OCR98 said:

I'm having the exact same problem with an ASUS B550M-PLUS and a 2x16GB RAM. Did everything that was humanly possible to try and fix it, but it didn't work. Does your board have QLEDs? Mine are always indicating a DRAM problem.

My board has nothing. I have no indication of what's wrong. I'm returning both my CPU and motherboard. Not sure what to do. I don't want a dedicated GPU but want somewhat decent graphics performance for the odd game. The 5700G seemed ideal alongwith the a520i ac...

Is this a known problem?

If the bios isn't updating properly then it probably won't recognize the cpu.  

You should be updating to version f13 minimum. 

Did you rename the bios file before updating? 

So i had a similar problem when i built my 2700 (non-X). My problem was after i checked the system outside of the case to check if its boots and then put everything in the case. I forgot to push my Graphics Card FULLY IN AND also didnt push my Displayport Cable all the way in. 

After i did those two and plugged in all the Cables i need ( Keyboard, Mouse, Internet etc.) I cleard the BIOS again and restarted the system. I waited like 2-4 min. and then it booted

8 hours ago, Heliian said:

If the bios isn't updating properly then it probably won't recognize the cpu.  

You should be updating to version f13 minimum. 

Did you rename the bios file before updating? 

I renamed the file before updating. I've tried both f13 and f14e. I tried flashing each version several times and giving about about 10-15 minutes after it stopped flashing.

8 hours ago, MustafiArabi said:

So i had a similar problem when i built my 2700 (non-X). My problem was after i checked the system outside of the case to check if its boots and then put everything in the case. I forgot to push my Graphics Card FULLY IN AND also didnt push my Displayport Cable all the way in. 

After i did those two and plugged in all the Cables i need ( Keyboard, Mouse, Internet etc.) I cleard the BIOS again and restarted the system. I waited like 2-4 min. and then it booted

I've tried the system outside of the case but it still won't boot. Everything is connected properly. I've re-seated the CPU and RAM but that hasn't helped.

12 hours ago, No_Cherry6873 said:

My board has nothing. I have no indication of what's wrong. I'm returning both my CPU and motherboard. Not sure what to do. I don't want a dedicated GPU but want somewhat decent graphics performance for the odd game. The 5700G seemed ideal alongwith the a520i ac...

Is this a known problem?

Interesting. Apparently it's the same problem then. I guess it might be some issue with these motherboards with these newer CPUs, even though they list it as supported.

Perhaps you have a different RAM stick to test the setup with? Not sure it will change anything, but might be worth testing.

48 minutes ago, OCR98 said:

Interesting. Apparently it's the same problem then. I guess it might be some issue with these motherboards with these newer CPUs, even though they list it as supported.

Perhaps you have a different RAM stick to test the setup with? Not sure it will change anything, but might be worth testing.

Unfortunately, I only have the two 8GB DDR 3200MHz sticks that I have installed. I've tried booting with just one stick and then no RAM but nothing. It has to be the BIOS.

Think I may end up returning all my parts and getting a pre-build. Looking at a Precision 3240 Compact currently.

Just contacted Gigabyte... hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

before you send if back fully try to downgrade the bios. Download the one befor or the one that was on the board before you updated it

54 minutes ago, MustafiArabi said:

before you send if back fully try to downgrade the bios. Download the one befor or the one that was on the board before you updated it

I've tried both firmware versions f14e and f13. Any earlier and my CPU isn't supported. Thanks for the suggestion, however.