Optimization help!

jmills4391

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Heavy gaming, 3D editing, and video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

PC Specs:

MOBO: Asus Prime B-550 Plus 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700G 8C 16T 3.8Ghz base 4.6 Turbo

GPU: Founders Edition 3070Ti 8Gb

RAM: 32GB 3200Mhz  G. Skill Ripjaws (64Gb Soon)

PSU: 750W Gold

I need advice on best ways, programs, and tricks to optimize my System for the best performance it can muster. I'm willing to upgrade cooling to accommodate performance improvement if need be.

Do you have a PCPP link?

Id get a 12th gen intel part if you can, or a 11th gen intel part. Better igpus for video editing(better h.265 decoding).

Do you have abudget in mind?

10 minutes ago, jmills4391 said:

Budget (including currency): N/A

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Heavy gaming, 3D editing, and video editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

PC Specs:

MOBO: Asus Prime B-550 Plus 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700G 8C 16T 3.8Ghz base 4.6 Turbo

GPU: Founders Edition 3070Ti 8Gb

RAM: 32GB 3200Mhz  G. Skill Ripjaws (64Gb Soon)

PSU: 750W Gold

I need advice on best ways, programs, and tricks to optimize my System for the best performance it can muster. I'm willing to upgrade cooling to accommodate performance improvement if need be.

If you are still in the planning stage, with the 3070ti, you'd be best to not have a G variant for the CPU.

I would recommend getting a 5800X or getting a better MOBO if you are willing to get 64GB of Ram. Or if both, get the 12900k with a new MOBO.