W10 Ghost Spectre. your experiences?

SolarNova

(Note: No discussion of cracks or piracy please, this is just about custom ISO's like those available to create from MS themselves)

I'm going to be doing maintenance on my PC over the Xmas period since im getting another SSD.

I'm on W7 atm but figured i'd bite the bullet and move to W10, so long as its a 'fixed' version. The one i keep seeing mention is Ghost Spectre.

So any1 here have any experience with Ghost Spectre Superlite ?

hows it run? any comparability issues etc ?

Cheers.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

what do you mean fixed?
without bloat or phone homing?

just windows 10 debloater with some reg hacks will do that...

easy, and you know whats been doen with the iso

if you want a modded version, w10 ameorliated will do it

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

(Note: No discussion of cracks or piracy please, this is just about custom ISO's like those available to create from MS themselves)

I'm going to be doing maintenance on my PC over the Xmas period since im getting another SSD.

I'm on W7 atm but figured i'd bite the bullet and move to W10, so long as its a 'fixed' version. The one i keep seeing mention is Ghost Spectre.

So any1 here have any experience with Ghost Spectre Superlite ?

hows it run? any comparability issues etc ?

Cheers.

I went from 8.1 to 10 and lost a really important driver.  Win10 has its points, but I would back up all the drivers for all you peripherals to make shure they will still work after.  Win10 has a nasty habit of writing in its own drivers and if you’ve got old peripherals they may no longer work with the new “generic” driver

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I went from 8.1 to 10 and lost a really important driver.  Win10 has its points, but I would back up all the drivers for all you peripherals to make shure they will still work after.  Win10 has a nasty habit of writing in its own drivers and if you’ve got old peripherals they may no longer work with the new “generic” driver

Its going on a new fresh SSD, my W7 installation will remain on my old SSD until everything is sorted.

The only software thats old that i already know may cause me a headache is Asus AiSuit II, as its latest version is for W8.1, however apparently it can be made to work with W10.

i hate the software tbh, but its the only software that detects all my fan headers and can control them all as PWM, all other fan software just straight up doesnt see them.

As for W10s nasty habits ...well thats why im going for a custom version like Ghost Spectre, should have all the crap stripped out or otherwise disabled include Windows Updates.

Would just be nice to know other peoples experience with it here, if theres any1 that has it ofc.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |