How do I update to the stable Chipset Ryzen drivers on an HP omen laptop? Does it even affect them

OnlyAxolotl

I have a HP Omen 3070 Laptop with a Ryzen 5800u

The laptop is windows 11, and it will be a bit of time before I can do windows 10 when I am back.

Since there are Ryzen issues that are resolved with Chipset updates, how do I apply this top the specific motherboard for my laptop.

I can go to auto detect on HP's website, but he only drivers there is an audio driver,

How does this work with laptops, as obviously the MOBO is proprietary. 

Thanks

You... Download them on AMD's website and just install them in Windows?

Chipset drivers are not BIOS files, they are installed within windows, your motherboard doesn't matter, only the chipset on the board.

If it came with Windows 11, you likely already have the latest BIOS with the latest agesa/AMD ComboAM4PI. Meaning nothing you need to download as far as BIOS goes.

And you should be seeing more than just audio files available for download regardless on HP's website, weird that you're not seeing anything else.

AMD's graphic drivers for the CPU:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphics/amd-ryzen-7-5800u
Chipset drivers for integrated SOC:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset

And why do you want to "do windows 10" ? Windows 11 is literally windows 10. Once you use it for what it is, there's next to no difference, you stop noticing the changes. Stop acting like a caveman afraid of changes and embrace them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

You... Download them on AMD's website and just install them in Windows?

Chipset drivers are not BIOS files, they are installed within windows, your motherboard doesn't matter, only the chipset on the board.

If it came with Windows 11, you likely already have the latest BIOS with the latest agesa/AMD ComboAM4PI. Meaning nothing you need to download as far as BIOS goes.

And you should be seeing more than just audio files available for download regardless on HP's website, weird that you're not seeing anything else.

AMD's graphic drivers for the CPU:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphics/amd-ryzen-7-5800u
Chipset drivers for integrated SOC:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/socket-fp5-mobile/amd-ryzen-and-athlon-mobile-chipset

And why do you want to "do windows 10" ? Windows 11 is literally windows 10. Once you use it for what it is, there's next to no difference, you stop noticing the changes. Stop acting like a caveman afraid of changes and embrace them.

Firstly, I never said anything about the bios. I mentioned chipset drivers specifically. I assumed the chipset is different, as AMD auto does not detect anything and the other ones dont work. 

There are well documented issues with Ryzen chips on windows 11, its not about "embracing changes" or being a "caveman".  

But yes that SOC is the one I need 

Windows 10 should update the chipset drivers to the latest WHQL versions automatically, or it should offer you optional hardware driver updates.

If there's no such options, you could simply go to another laptop manufacturer that doesn't customize drivers with their tweaks or branding .... for example my thoughts went to Acer.   Pick a a series that has Ryzen processors and you're good to go.

For example I searched Amazon for Acer laptops with Ryzen 5xxx cpus, and I found Acer Aspire 5 A515-45 : https://www.amazon.com/Acer-A515-45-R1YC-Hexa-Core-Processor-Backlit/dp/B093H98YRT/

Then, I went to acer's website and searched for drivers for this model ... page is in Romanian because it detects my country, but the files are universal, in English : https://www.acer.com/ac/ro/RO/content/support-product/8859?b=1

So anyway, if you expand drivers on the Acer page above, you can scroll down and you'll find a chipset driver package version 5.12.0.38 , from October this year. Doesn't look like any Acer specific stuff in the zip file.

And yeah, most likely the package supports ALL laptop chipsets or laptop cpus (SoCs, whatever)

34 minutes ago, OnlyAxolotl said:

There are well documented issues with Ryzen chips on windows 11, its not about "embracing changes" or being a "caveman".  

The critical issues have been fixed by updates through Microsoft's Windows Update literally a month ago and there is now next to no issues worth talking about on Windows 11 with Ryzen. No chipset driver update needed for the fix to work either.
Just like that, POOF goes your reason to go back to windows 10.

34 minutes ago, OnlyAxolotl said:

Firstly, I never said anything about the bios. I

To that I raise you

3 hours ago, OnlyAxolotl said:

how do I apply this top the specific motherboard for my laptop.

You don't. The only thing you apply to a motherboard is a BIOS.
Considering you're on a tech forum asking for readily available drivers of all things, it was safe to assume you didn't know what the difference between chipset and bios was and confused the two from your post.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro