LG 34GK950F-B Flickering

ServeTheBeam19

Hi everyone. My LG 34GK950F-B started flickering today. I attached an image of what it looks like. This is with nothing plugged in other than the power cable. It was doing this while everything was plugged in too. Never had an issue before now. I reset my settings on it to factory and it still shows this. Is it time to move on or is there something I can do?

download.png

1 hour ago, ServeTheBeam19 said:

Hi everyone. My LG 34GK950F-B started flickering today. I attached an image of what it looks like. This is with nothing plugged in other than the power cable. It was doing this while everything was plugged in too. Never had an issue before now. I reset my settings on it to factory and it still shows this. Is it time to move on or is there something I can do?

download.png

I’ve never heard of a still image of flickering which implies our definitions are different.  I am seeing a somewhat  unevenly blue panel that looks like it’s edge lit. I looked at the LG blurb, and they don’t mention the backlight so I’m kinda assuming edge lit (it’s cheaper).  Apparently  there is also “black stabilization” (no idea)   If it’s flickering between that and whatever game you are playing I would suspect the connection first myself.  I’m not seeing a “no signal” box though which is usually present when nothing is plugged in. If it’s “flickering” between that and presenting the “no signal” box I suspect hardware internal to the monitor.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Here's a short video of it happening. You can see the no signal on this.

14 minutes ago, ServeTheBeam19 said:

Here's a short video of it happening. You can see the no signal on this.

Eeeewww.  Yeah that doesn’t look healthy at all. Resembles an uneven power thing to me. There’s also a color problem which points to something else.  Does it use a power brick?  If so it could possibly be that. Is that heavy blue cast there all the time?  There are 3 colors in additive color: red green and blue.  100% x3 is white, 0% x3 is black.  Should the monitor be black right now?  I wonder about this “black stabilization” thing.  I have no idea what that means. It looks to me like something that at minimum wants in depth knowledge of that specific monitor and some micro soldering. Even that might not do it though.  There’s an argument for “move on” 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

18 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Eeeewww.  Yeah that doesn’t look healthy at all. Resembles an uneven power thing to me. There’s also a color problem which points to something else.  Does it use a power brick?  If so it could possibly be that. Is that heavy blue cast there all the time?  There are 3 colors in additive color: red green and blue.  100% x3 is white, 0% x3 is black.  Should the monitor be black right now?  I wonder about this “black stabilization” thing.  I have no idea what that means. It looks to me like something that at minimum wants in depth knowledge of that specific monitor and some micro soldering. Even that might not do it though.  There’s an argument for “move on” 

Yes it uses a fairly large power brick. It's supposed to be completely black in this video. Video shows up when I have it plugged into the computer however it's hard to tell what it is and sometimes the video freezes for a second or two. It sounds like the black stabilization thing is it doesn't show the backlight if the screen is completely black? I actually didn't even know about that part until now haha. I kinda figured it was time to move on. I was just hoping there was something else out there.

I think we've reached an RMA point here

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

2 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

I think we've reached an RMA point here

I think so too. I bought it December 5th 2019 so it's past it's warranty. I reached out to them about it yesterday and haven't heard back yet. I'm guessing the cost of repair won't be worth it. I'll see what they say and go from there. Thanks everyone for all your help!