Motherboard Swap

I am switching from an ASUS PRIME B450m-a/csm to a MSI MAG B550M MORTAR. If I use the BIOS flash, do I need to delete my old BIOS? IS that possible, and if so how?

You shouldn't have to delete anything, flashing is a sort of rewrite essentially(complicated but a simple way of putting it).

Is there a reason you need to flash the board?

15 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

You shouldn't have to delete anything, flashing is a sort of rewrite essentially(complicated but a simple way of putting it).

Is there a reason you need to flash the board?

I have to do this because I am using a ryzen 5 5600x and my bios isn't updated to use this yet.

8 hours ago, KhakiHat said:

If I am interpreting the website correctly, it looks like the 5600x is supported by the MSI MAG B550M MORTAR.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MAG-B550M-MORTAR/support#support-cpu

Yes however my particular one was produced before the BIOS update that let them be used. My box does not say Ryzen 5000 series ready, only third gen compatible. I'm going to do it just in case as well.

On 12/10/2021 at 6:28 AM, Pbrug_1 said:

Yes however my particular one was produced before the BIOS update that let them be used. My box does not say Ryzen 5000 series ready, only third gen compatible. I'm going to do it just in case as well.

Couldn't hurt, just definitely don't turn off your rig mid flash, it'll brick your motherboard