Display Port ports dead after BSOD (Memory Management error)

Jestemkioskiem
Go to solution Solved by Jestemkioskiem,

Okay - this thread really helped me to rubber duck the issue. It's now resolved. Here's where I'm the idiot:

When I got the new RAM sticks, I put them into dual channel in the main 2 slots and put the old 2 sticks in the other 2, thinking they couldn't possibly mess anything up in these slots. Should've really gotten more sleep before troubleshooting this.

After making the post I thought I should really check and remove the old sticks. I did. It now posts via DP on my new & old setup.

So to anyone in the future seeing this post - it's your ram bro. 

Hey. I've bluescreened with a Memory Management error and ever since then my DisplayPort ports (on the GPU ofc) are dead. Or rather I blue screened once, one output died, then I bluescreened again the day after and the other one died too. I'm somewhat confident the bluescreens were probably CPU load/temp related.

That doesn't sound crazy, maybe the GPU died, maybe RAM died, maybe Mobo died, but hear me out:

I've replaced:

1. GPU - GTX 1660S to AMD RX 6600
  2. RAM - Patriot Viper 4 2x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 to IRDM, DDR4, 16 GB, 3600MHz, CL17
  3. MOBO - MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX to ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
  4. Both monitors and both DP cables

At this point literally the last piece of the puzzle is the CPU. But as far as I know, CPU should have no say in whether or not the DP ports work, no? I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, but it refuses to post to even BIOS on DP (I did reinstall windows just in case, though). HDMI ports work! I'm on the latest GPU drivers, latest BIOS version, my power supply is 650W so that should be a non issue.

I'm really lost at this point. If I wanna try and replace the CPU as well I'll have to return the MOBO and buy a different one since I'm running a Ryzen 3600 and would upgrade to an 12 gen i7 by now. Do you guys have any ideas what this could be? 

I found this old post, but no resolution: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/no-video-display-after-multiple-blue-screen-of-death-issue-with-motherboard.3327675/

Okay - this thread really helped me to rubber duck the issue. It's now resolved. Here's where I'm the idiot:

When I got the new RAM sticks, I put them into dual channel in the main 2 slots and put the old 2 sticks in the other 2, thinking they couldn't possibly mess anything up in these slots. Should've really gotten more sleep before troubleshooting this.

After making the post I thought I should really check and remove the old sticks. I did. It now posts via DP on my new & old setup.

So to anyone in the future seeing this post - it's your ram bro.