New ssd not detected

Yatys 93
Go to solution Solved by Yatys 93,
19 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Might wanna check with ASUS CS.

Fixed it, don’t know how or what changed but it suddenly showed up in disk management, changed to Gpt disk and bingo, 3.6tb partition ready to go, all be it an empty one that I have to transfer data to again

Upgraded storage drive after Black Friday, went from a 2tb to a 4tb sata ssd in laptop, if I plug the drive in via usb it detects fine all the files are there, if I install it in the laptop sata port nothing, can’t manage partitions, not detected by cloning software either, it is detected in the bios though

I am not clear on what you're saying. The new drive should not contain any files... If it does it's not a new drive.

Anyway

When you install new drives you must create partitions on them. Open disk management like so.

Open file explorer

right click my computer then select manage

Then go into Storage and then disk management

In disk management locate the drive and create partition by right clicking the gray square.

7 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Some laptops can do 4tbs, but can only do up to 2tbs per slot.  Did you check the manual first, or contact the maker first?

I did not… I shall do that now

6 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

I am not clear on what you're saying. The new drive should not contain any files... If it does it's not a new drive.

Anyway

When you install new drives you must create partitions on them. Open disk management like so.

Open file explorer

right click my computer then select manage

Then go into Storage and then disk management

In disk management locate the drive and create partition by right clicking the gray square.

I cloned the old drive first since I was swapping my entire steam libanry I didn’t wanna re download the whole thing, so all my old files are on there

the drive doesn’t show up in disk management

15 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Some laptops can do 4tbs, but can only do up to 2tbs per slot.  Did you check the manual first, or contact the maker first?

Feel free to double check me, laptop is an ASUS FX505D, I can’t anything to say there is a max size for it

19 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Might wanna check with ASUS CS.

Fixed it, don’t know how or what changed but it suddenly showed up in disk management, changed to Gpt disk and bingo, 3.6tb partition ready to go, all be it an empty one that I have to transfer data to again