Would this work in my situation?

crakddx
So I was looking at those laptop cooling stands (inbuilt fans) because I noticed my laptop's keyboard got quite warm, even though average gaming temperatures were 70c. The whole laptop is aluminum, so the keyboard issuue is understandable. Would a cooling stand fix my problem? I would say it would have some effect on my fps as well. Thank you for anny input as well!
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

18 minutes ago, Mr-G-Man said:

So I was looking at those laptop cooling stands (inbuilt fans) because I noticed my laptop's keyboard got quite warm, even though average gaming temperatures were 70c. The whole laptop is aluminum, so the keyboard issuue is understandable. Would a cooling stand fix my problem? I would say it would have some effect on my fps as well. Thank you for anny input as well!

Not as much as you would think. CPU and GPU are usually configured with the TDP in mind. They might boost for a short period after which they will reduce clocks and play with the fan speed. A cooling pad might help get the laptop more fresh air, but it won't increase the actual cooling by much. You could see a few MHz more but nothing else. The cooling pad I've used in the past had 1 200mm fan (Thermaltake Massive 20 RGB). I used it mainly because of the standoff and that it would fit my laptop but not because the cooling was the best.

To actually improve cooling of a laptop, you'd have to increase the size of the heatsinks. Letting your fans spin faster could work too if your laptop has that option. Most likely with a cooling pad you'll still be around 70°C. And since the motherboard isn't perforated, the upper side and keyboard will likely still be warm. Consider a small fan directly aimed at your keyboard if you notice you're sweating.