Fan for 175r front

Guest FrA123
Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,

Yes, the fan that comes with the case will be just fine for the rear exhaust. I wouldn't swap it unless you have a specific issue with it.

As for the front, honestly, airflow versus static pressure won't really matter much at all. While the front is "closed" with vent holes top and bottom it's not going to be the same level of restriction as an AIO radiator where a static pressure oriented fan would potentially be an advantage.

I recently bought a corsair carbide 175r and i would like to know 2 things. First, is the fan that comes with the case good for exhaust? and the other thing is, which is better option for front fans, static pressure or airflow? the front of the case is closed with air coming in/out with litte holes on top and bottom in the front panel, so i'm asking for not mistaking it later. There won't be anything blocking the fan, no HDD or anything else, just the closed front panel anyway. Thanks in advance.

Yes, the fan that comes with the case will be just fine for the rear exhaust. I wouldn't swap it unless you have a specific issue with it.

As for the front, honestly, airflow versus static pressure won't really matter much at all. While the front is "closed" with vent holes top and bottom it's not going to be the same level of restriction as an AIO radiator where a static pressure oriented fan would potentially be an advantage.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Hello, i got my hands on a Arctic P12 and i got a Corsair Carbide 175r, i would like to if this fan is good for back exhaust fan, i heard it has good airflow even tho it's designed for static pressure, or if i should put it on the front and put the RGB frontal fan on the back as exhaust, My pc is low end, 1050ti and i5 7400 and it doesn't heat that much, so i would like to know what are the best positions for them.

Oh i see, so you mean that it's good to put the frontal Fan On the back and a good Static pressure fan on the Front? So for the front, would you recommend middle of the front, or aligned with exhaust fan?

5 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Yeah, it will work fine anywhere you put it.  

Arctic P fans are great for airflow.  

Aren't their P fans optimised for static Pressure... and the F fans for airFlow...?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

Just now, Eighjan said:

Aren't their P fans optimised for static Pressure... and the F fans for airFlow...?

in theory?  Yes.  
In reality, the airflow difference is small enough that most people just use the P versions.    

Arctic P12:

Performance

Fan Speed:   200 - 1800 rpm

Airflow:   56.3 CFM/ 95.65 m³/h

Static Pressure:   2.20 mm H₂O

Noise Level:   0.3 Sone

Operating Ambient Temperature:   0 - 40 °C

Arctic F12:

Performance
Fan Speed:    230 - 1350 rpm
Airflow:    53 CFM/ 90.1 m³/h
Static Pressure:    1,00 mm H₂O
Noise Level:    0.3 Sone
Operating Ambient Temperature:    0 - 40 °C

The P12 pushes slightly more air, but at the expense of a higher RPM.  The F12 spins slower, and pushes slighly less air.

Now, since you're rarely running them anywhere near full tilt?  The call is up to you.

40 minutes ago, FrA123 said:

Oh i see, so you mean that it's good to put the frontal Fan On the back and a good Static pressure fan on the Front? So for the front, would you recommend middle of the front, or aligned with exhaust fan?

Sorry, not entirely sure what you mean by front fan on the back. If the case only came with one fan I'd put that as the rear exhaust and then get one or two additional fans for the front depending on your budget. If you're only planning for one fan in the front middle is the best starting point. As long as your temps are in check you'll be good to go.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15