My new gaming build - any way to improve?

Hey iam going to use this PC mostly for gaming/surfing the web but no video editing at all.

Any opinions on my build? I went for a green/red/white mixed colour scheme here. :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3r1sE

Thanks

NuraXx

EDIT : I dont need any peripherals or monitors. I have one monitor not going to get more.

Iam from Germany i have i have like 1500€ to spend.

Edited by NuraXx

Hey iam going to use this PC mostly for gaming/surfing the web but no video editing at all.

Any opinions on my build? I went for a green/red/white mixed colour scheme here. :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3r1sE

Thanks

NuraXx

Your build is fine for the goal you wished. ( color matching always adds to the price by 100-200$ )

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*jaw hits floor*
dude, that build will have NO problems with your goal :D

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

I imagine so :P
Trust me when i say that i've seen enough evidence that this machine will BEAST through 1080P and stay competitive up to 1600P, provided details are marginally sacrificed. Considering you'll have the "king" of GPUs and a CPU that can't be beast in price to performance, i'd say it's money well spent :)

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

You could get a 240gb ssd for just 20 dollars more (from crucial or adata) You should really consider that, 128gb is REALLY small. And right now, its stupid to buy 128gb for a 100 dollars when you could get a 240gb for 120 dollars.

Also, why get mATX if you're getting an optical drive, you would be better of with ITX. If you put that optical drive in you can never put in a 2nd graphics card.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

change the hard drive to a western digital caviar blue 1TB, i heard seagate aren't as reliable as WD

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

@creativename

Iam already using this SSD in my curent PC and actually I only have this SSD no HDD at all at the moment.(I know iam weird but it works for me) :D

You made i good point with the optical drive tho. Maybe i should get a USB optical drive instead.

There is no problem with that build however if i had to be picky i might say get a 2tb HDD but it all comes down to the particular users needs !

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

@SeanAngelo

I have no idea if this is true but I used Seagate drives previously and I never had any problems.

Would it all fit in that case though, I was thinking that same build but with a GTX 770. Could a 770 fit?

@joemc99

@creativename

Iam already using this SSD in my curent PC and actually I only have this SSD no HDD at all at the moment.(I know iam weird but it works for me) :D

You made i good point with the optical drive tho. Maybe i should get a USB optical drive instead.

I´m beginning to think iam REALLY weird.What do you guys put on your HDD to fill up 2TB? :D

@SeanAngelo

I have no idea if this is true but I used Seagate drives previously and I never had any problems.

i had 3 seagate hard drives before, and they all failed on me.... so idk

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

@troubleddoge

It fits fine but you have to take out the HDD mount panel and put your HDDs at the bottom tho.

i had 3 seagate hard drives before, and they all failed on me.... so idk

I also has WD drives fail on me. Doesn't mean WD makes unreliable products, I just happened to get ones that died quick.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Where do the HDDs mount normaly on a Prodigy M? I thought they went on the bottom.

Where do the HDDs mount normaly on a Prodigy M? I thought they went on the bottom.

If I remember correctly they mount on the bottom, and if you do you can't install a radiator.

@troubleddoge

977.png?1375339490

The HDDs get attached to that panel you can see in the picture. :)

Edited by NuraXx

If I were to build on the Prodigy M and I had $1000 for a gaming build what kind of ram, gpu, cpu, motherboard, etc. is best?

Thanks. What if I pushed a little and got 12gb of ram... and are there any benefits of going with Seagate Baracudas over WD Blacks?

Thanks. What if I pushed a little and got 12gb of ram... and are there any benefits of going with Seagate Baracudas over WD Blacks?

Barracudas have a lower price. There's your advantage.