Tweaking with the BIOS then getting the blue screen

Provis
Go to solution Solved by Bad5ector,

Sounds like you killed the power to the system while it was still booting to Windows. Even though nothing was on your screen, sometimes it won't show anything until it actually gets to the login screen. 

If I were you, I'd check that the RAM is still actually clocked at what you set it at in the BIOS. If so, you are probably good. However, I 'd ask, why are you manually setting to 3400mhz and not just using XMP or DOCP to have the motherboard automatically set the proper RAM timings??

So I just noticed that my ram speed was capped at 2400 mhz when the ones that I had were rated for 3600 mhz. So I went into the bios to changed them. I immediately went to 3400 mhz then saved and exit. I knew that the pc would restart after that, but it was taking quite a while to do so. The monitor was black but the pc was lit up. So ,this might have been a stupid idea, I held the power button to shut it off, and when I turned it back on again. I got the blue screen that says "pc needs to be repaired". But I chose to press F1 to retry and it booted just fine. So my only question is should I be worried? even when it's working just fine (for now at least).

Sounds like you killed the power to the system while it was still booting to Windows. Even though nothing was on your screen, sometimes it won't show anything until it actually gets to the login screen. 

If I were you, I'd check that the RAM is still actually clocked at what you set it at in the BIOS. If so, you are probably good. However, I 'd ask, why are you manually setting to 3400mhz and not just using XMP or DOCP to have the motherboard automatically set the proper RAM timings??

I tried looking for those but I couldn't find them. As you can tell, I don't really know what I'm doing. But yes right now it's at 3400mhz, and it seems to be working just fine. The blue screen was just a little concerning to me. I'm afraid that even if it's working just fine right now, it might just be holding on or something and it'll fail somehow in the future. I only have a msi b450 mobo so I'm not even sure if my ram speed is compatible or something.

You can run memtest64 to check if the ram is stable. Otherwise look up the mobo manual,  usually xmp is really easy to find.

But do a memtest64 first, if its stable you don't need to do anything in the bios obviously. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Nope I just realized it wasn't, even though the mobo is rated for it. Earlier this morning I went to turn my pc on and there it was again, the blue screen. But I noticed the red light in the mobo was on. So I went back down to 2666mhz and it booted. So I guess that's that. But still wtf, b450 max should handle up to 4133mhz(OC), it even says that on the box. Btw does overclocking damage anything? or does everything go back to normal when you turn them back to the previous settings?