SSD not showing in Windows but is showing in BIOS

lucad

So I recently upgraded my rig, including upgrading to a 500 GB NVMe Drive. However, the nvme ssd is now full, so I removed my old SATA ssd from my other case and installed it to my new PC. The SATA ssd is showing up in my BIOS as a boot drive but will not show up anywhere in windows. I already checked Device Manager, Disk Management and DISKPART. It is completely invisible. I dont want to wipe the ssd as there are some files on there that i still need. Any help?

Have you tried a different SATA port? Does your motherboard disable certain SATA ports when the M.2 slot is populated? I would expect the drive wouldn't show in the BIOS either if this was the case, but worth a look.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

53 minutes ago, lucad said:

So I recently upgraded my rig, including upgrading to a 500 GB NVMe Drive. However, the nvme ssd is now full, so I removed my old SATA ssd from my other case and installed it to my new PC. The SATA ssd is showing up in my BIOS as a boot drive but will not show up anywhere in windows. I already checked Device Manager, Disk Management and DISKPART. It is completely invisible. I dont want to wipe the ssd as there are some files on there that i still need. Any help?

try looking for a setting in bios that enables legacy UEFI

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher

Is the SATA SSD a 2.5 in? Or an M.2? Some boards are peculiar about 2 drives working in the same mode if they're both M.2's (or as @RAS_3885 mentioned will disable certain SATA ports)

4 hours ago, uncreativespace said:

Is the SATA SSD a 2.5 in? Or an M.2? Some boards are peculiar about 2 drives working in the same mode if they're both M.2's (or as @RAS_3885 mentioned will disable certain SATA ports)

its a 2.5 inch. But if that were the case why is it still showing up in the bios?