3x Nvidia A6000 Card workstation?

magic yang

Budget (including currency): 25k

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Machine Learning, Deep Learning.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello, 

I have built a 2x Nvidia A6000 workstation for Machine Learning and Deep Learning.

I wonder if building one with 3x Nvidia A6000 is possible with no custom parts. (Lambda Lab allows you to configure with 3x A6000)

The bigest problem is going to be the power budget. I can only get a PSU with maximum of 1600w in Canada. The power budget for 3x a6000 is more than 1500w.

The build I currently have is the following.

AMD Threadripper pro 3955wx

ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI AMD WRX80 EATX Workstation Board

be quiet! Dark Rock PRO TR4 (AMD Threadripper) CPU Air Cooling

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo Series 32GB * 8

EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 1600W Titanium

Fractal Design Define 7 XL Case

SAMSUNG 980 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe

SAMSUNG 980 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe

FRACTAL DESIGN Silent Series R3 140MM Cooling Fan * 3

2x Nvidia A6000

It's an expensive machine, so I don't want to break anything because of power issue. Any insights?

You can run multiple power supplies with the right case, and bridge them with a psu bridge to have them work in tandem. Though I’d run the rest of the system on one psu and the gpus on their own psu.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 comes to mind as a dual psu case.

Note that psu requirement estimates are intentionally over in order to keep people from tapping out bare minimum psus for a card. Like a 750ti says it requires a 450w psu despite it being a 75w slot power card, meaning realistically it’ll run on any psu that’s got 75w of headroom left on its 12v rail, such as any 290w unit your average dell

optiplex that everyone tossed 750ti’s into 

41 minutes ago, magic yang said:

The power budget for 3x a6000 is more than 1500w

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/rtx-a6000/

According to this the max power draw is 300w per card unless I'm missing something. A 1600w PSU should be more than enough for the whole system.

Also I'm not sure where you have this system but keep in mind that a normal household circuit in North America is 1800w max.