[US] ASUS ROG Strix XG279Q for $379 (37% off normal price)

varrys

A lot of people say the ROG line is overpriced given other budget options for 1440p 144Hz, and that's true. But it's on a good sale right now! I'm loving its close cousin, the XG27AQ.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-XG279Q-Compatible-DisplayHDR-DisplayPort/dp/B083Z8JXW6

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

2 hours ago, varrys said:

A lot of people say the ROG line is overpriced given other budget options for 1440p 144Hz, and that's true. But it's on a good sale right now!

If you know it's $100-$150 overpriced given other budget options, why pay this $400?

What do we get for that extra $100-$150?

Just now, Paul Rudd said:

If you know it's $100-$150 overpriced given other budget options, why pay this $400?

I was saying that at $500+ it was overpriced. I'm not saying the current sale price is overpriced. Maybe you think it is, and that's fine, to each his own. 

5600x/RTX 4080

11 minutes ago, varrys said:

I was saying that at $500+ it was overpriced. I'm not saying the current sale price is overpriced. Maybe you think it is, and that's fine, to each his own. 

I'm not saying the monitor itself is overpriced. It was actually $379.99 yesterday and I'm still not saying $399.99 is overpriced.

What I asked is that if you know it's $100-$150 overpriced given other budget options, why pay this $400 when you can pay $249.99 to $299.99 for other budget options that have the same specs?

What do we get for that extra $100-$150?

Among 1440p 144Hz, at Rtings it's tied for top 4 in Gaming, top 6 in Mixed Usage. And of the monitors tied for or better at the Gaming rating, none of them are currently cheaper based on Rtings links. Some not even available at all. The closest to it among those listed is $399.

So not a bad offer. Asus has made decent monitors in my experience. I enjoy the Eye Care feature, and it comes with numerous other features for gamers. Make of it what you will.

There are tiers of cars and TVs, among other items for sale. This is a higher tier item, and it may not make sense to splurge at full price when you can get most of the features for cheaper. But in this case, it's a much lower cost than normal, and the product does supply a few more bells and whistles (or simply performs slightly better) than the medium-tier monitors.

5600x/RTX 4080